Advance Engineer - Power Electronics (1-14 yrs)
Title : Advance Engineer (Power)
Experience: Minimum 1+ Years
Education: Any Graduate
Type: Full Time
- The VA/VE Engineer will be essential in driving cost reduction across the range of Harvesting GPP
- This role entails redesign of both current products and New Products across all functional areas (eg, Mechanical, electrical, power train)
- Engineer will lead competitive benchmarking events (Virtual/in-person) by comparing products and components
- In addition, he/she will also lead supplier base cost reduction events
- VAVE Engineer will manage the cost reduction portfolio of projects
- Provide comparative or preliminary cost estimation to engineering and cost managers during the ideation, and the idea prioritization phase
- Develop, design, validate, and manage the implementation of best-in-class product designs.
- Responsible for generating developing the VA/VE project pipelines through ideation workshops with cross-functional teams to develop and maintain VA/VE targets.
- Work Closely with Platform Global Cost Manager(s) to create a road map of short-long term goals to meet VA/VE targets
- Ability to prioritize projects to deliver to platforms cost reduction objectives.
- Ability to research new manufacturing processes to deliver cost reduction
- Lead the development of the schedule and budget for value-add/value-engineered projects
- Lead cross-functional teams using standard VA/VE methodology and tools. Integrate best practices from each functional team to deliver a high quality, best-in-class design
- Continually identify technology upgrades and cost reduction opportunities to keep the product line in a competitive position
- Maintain drawings, product structure, and design standards in accordance with modern methods and procedures.
- Review drawings and manufacturing information standards developed by product engineers and technicians
- Provide timely, accurate, and pertinent information and reports as required by management
- Lead specific key projects as needed
- Drive execution to plan and influence Platform/ Engineering/ Purchasing/ Manufacturing in gap closure activities
- Create monthly/ weekly cost reduction report/ presentation for leadership team
- Ability to design components using 3D modeling
- Ability to create and manage Bill of Materials Ability to prepare ECR/ECO report
- Proficient in 3D part model design, sheetmetal, weldment design, casting, forging using Creo/Teamcenter
- Proficient in managing large database (Excel, MSaccess)
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.