Aerodynamics Engineer (5-10 yrs)
Main responsibilities :
- Design air vehicle external shapes and provide comprehensive aerodynamic models and data on performance, handling qualities, and loads in steady and unsteady mode.
- Ensure that optimized aerodynamic solutions and data are delivered to customers on TCQ (time, cost, quality).
- Answer to aerodynamics program specification by developing & maintaining technologies, methods and tools and skills, knowledge and competencies relative to the Aero-dynamics disciplines, and all support activities or expertise required to meet the Pro-grams overall design and major components or systems integration needs throughout their life cycles.
- Contribute to the achievement of all vehicle projects' aerodynamic and flight performance requirements within the prescribed time, cost, and quality objectives.
- Develop expertise in the appropriate use of numerical and experimental aerodynamic prediction tools.
- Acquire and develop aerodynamic technologies in a manner consistent with the Company Strategy.
- Link with the external research community in the field of Aerodynamics and multi-disciplinary air vehicle design and optimization.
- Analytical performance modeling of aircraft rotating components (e.g., rotors, ducted fan thrusting devices, propellers), non-rotating components (fuselage, stabilizing sur-faces, protuberances).
- Link with all disciplines relevant for physics of flight, such as structures, loads, stability & control, mass properties, etc.
- Performs simulation and analysis as required
- Applies knowledge of materials, finishes, welding, and other manufacturing processes to drawings
- Participates in design reviews
Experience and qualifications :
Education : Master's degree in an appropriate discipline and five years of related technical experience as an engineering designer or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in Aerodynamic, design, and simulation of 5-10 years will be valuable.
- Knowledge and experience in numerical and experimental aerodynamic prediction tools.
- Experience performing radiation calculations
- Experience performing fan and heat exchange sizing
- Develop FEM models, compute airframe design loads and component design loads (high lift and control surface) or perform flutter and Aeroservoelastic analysis
- Rotorcraft knowledge
- Experience using Matlab/Simulink
- Experience with CFD tools, preferably Fluent
- Experience with SpaceClaim