Aircraft Architect (10-15 yrs)
- Overall responsibility for leading the Aircraft design and performance definition and evaluation, including stability & control, aerodynamics, weight and balance, and aircraft performance.
- Overall Aircraft responsibility for requirements definition, specification, development, integration, and test.
- Responsible for defining and monitoring all aircraft parameters across the aircraft design.
- Provide guidance and expert knowledge to the organization from the Aviation industry.
- Effectively trade and evaluate aircraft parameters and design options to reach optimum design decisions.
- Ensure the aircraft complies with certification and industry guidelines for FAA Part 23 aircraft design
Experience in the following fields :
- At least 10 years of Expert knowledge of aircraft design, validation, and verification.
- Understanding of industry process and standards related to Aircraft design.
- Demonstrated experience in delivering aircraft to specification.
- Team leadership qualities that promote Aviation and expert knowledge throughout the organization.
- Ability to write and define requirements that describe the flight science aspects of the aircraft.
- Ability to define test facilities and methods to prove the design.
- Must have expert knowledge of design principles and be capable of mentoring others.
- Aerospace program processes and possess the ability to present technical design and status.
- Must have expert knowledge of the certification compliance process and contribute to the certification plan.
Basic Qualifications :
- At least 10 years of experience in the field of propulsion and aircraft systems.
- At least 5 years of experience in leading multidisciplinary engineering teams through the full design cycle from concept definition, specification, design, integration, testing, validation, and certification.
- Strong problem-solving skills, the ability to be resourceful, and the ability to exercise creative thinking
- Ability to travel
- International work experience is a plus