Joint Director HR at Andhra Pradesh Capital Region Development Authority
Views:869 Applications:107 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:26
APCRDA - Senior Water & Sewerage Engineer (10-15 yrs)
JOB DESCRIPTION FOR THE POST OF SENIOR WATER & SEWERAGE ENGINEER
Division : Urban Services and Infrastructure
Post Name : Senior Water & Sewerage Engineer
No of posts : 1
Educational Qualification : M. Tech, environmental or Water Resources engineering
Relevant Exp : 10 years
Andhra Pradesh Capital Region Development Authority is established for the purpose of Planning, Co-ordination, Execution, Supervision, Financing, Funding and for Promoting and securing the Planned Development of the Capital Region and Capital City Area for the State of Andhra Pradesh.
Ensures that citizens are provided with a continuous supply of clean, uncontaminated water for drinking. Living, and recreational purposes. Water engineers not only design water management systems, but often oversee the construction and maintenance of these systems as well. They demonstrate a genuine knowledge and interest of the water industry and environmental issues.
Design or oversee projects involving provision of potable water, disposal of waste water and sewage or prevention of flood-related damage. Prepare environmental documentation for water resources, regulatory program compliance, data management and analysis, and field work. Perform hydraulic modelling and pipeline design.
- Water Supply Networks, Sewerage Networks in Capital city
- Develop plans for new water resources or water efficiency programs.
- Design water distribution systems for potable or non-potable water.
- Conduct water quality studies to identify and characterize water pollutant treatments.
- Gather and analyse water use data to forecast water demand.
- Write technical reports or publications related to water resources development or water use efficiency.
- Analyse and recommend sludge treatment or disposal methods. Identify design alternatives for the development of new water resources.
- Perform mathematical modelling of underground or surface water resources, such as floodplains, ocean coastlines, streams, rivers, or wetlands.
- Perform hydrological analyses, using three-dimensional simulation software, to model the movement of water or forecast the dispersion of chemical pollutants in the water supply.
- Perform hydraulic analyses of water supply systems or water distribution networks to model flow characteristics, test for pressure losses, or to identify opportunities to mitigate risks and improve operational efficiency.
- Design pumping systems, pumping stations, pipelines, force mains, or sewers for the collection of wastewater.
- Design domestic or industrial water or wastewater treatment plants, including advanced facilities with sequencing batch reactors (SBR), membranes, lift stations, headwork- s, surge overflow basins, ultraviolet disinfection systems, aerobic digesters, sludge lagoons, or control buildings.
Specific duties include: concept planning, pre- design and final design of water and wastewater infrastructure projects, including gravity sewers and force mains, water transmission pipelines and mains, reservoirs and pump stations; hydraulic modelling of gravity and pressure infrastructure systems, support permitting efforts, utility and SUE identification, coordination and mitigation, prepare design calculations, specifications and plans; develop and prepare technical memoranda, reports and field reports to support project design efforts.
4 year graduate study in civil engineering and Masters in Environmental Engineering/Water Resource engineering / Public Health Engineering or equivalent
Knowledge: Knowledge andExperience in usage of the State of the Art Soft wares / Modelling tools for Water Supply & Sewerage Networks and organization skills
Skills &Abilities -
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Management of Personnel Resources - Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
- Management of Material Resources - Obtaining and seeing to the appropriate use of equipment, facilities, and materials needed to do certain work.
Date and location of joining&Location: Immediate joining & Vijayawada
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.