Recruitment Consultant at Antal International
Views:82 Applications:8 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Application Engineer - Defense Segment - Manufacturing (14-20 yrs)
A reputed firm in manufacturing at Pune location is hiring for Application Engineer in Defense segment.
Qualification : B.Tech (Mechanical / Electrical) Full Time
Roles & Responsibilities :
- Participate in pre-tender interactions with customers for prequalification of the company in bid and leading all technical interactions with customers during pre-bid, post bid & contract execution stages.
- Lead initiatives in achieving engineering schedule and technical quality during proposal stages.
- Responsible for actively driving & managing the evaluation stage of the sales process, working with the sales team as the key technical advisor for providing solution for diesel engine generator based captive power plants and defence applications.
- Coordinate with equipment suppliers and / or JV companies and BOP & consultants for optimizing Power Plant Proposal Engineering.
- Determining project specifications by studying project design requirements, and performance standards, completing technical studies and preparing cost estimates.
- Prepare and maintain database of vendors and comparative cost data for plant systems
- Overseeing detail design and engineering including development of P&IDs, equipment and component sizing, load study, data sheets, plot plan & general arrangement, equipment and piping layout and pipe stress analysis.
- Interfacing with other departments for complying with project requirements, driving efforts for development of the plant as per customer's requirement and communicating with the vendors for the plant systems.
- Organizing the engineering activities and assigned resources to meet delivery schedules and providing engineering support to site erection and its design support activities.
- Test & qualify Diesel generating sets for project specific requirements.
- Identifying issues & risks related to the engineering activities and implementing the required mitigation actions; thus establishing & maintaining processes that generate strong customer satisfaction.
- Identifying opportunities for the training & development of subordinates and coaching them to develop their skill/knowledge of company- products along with pre-sales/post-sales business development, support techniques
- Designing test bench set up for conducting performance trials of Diesel generating set as per customer requirement.