Application Engineer - EV/BMS - Lithium Battery Industry (5-10 yrs)
Industrial Experience : Min 5 years- experience in Lithium Battery industry
- Industrial Design for BMS for different application requirements such as electric vehicles, energy storage system.
- Initial sketches to give a rough idea of the battery pack.
- Component selection including cell, BMS, etc
- Cell selection and configuration based on :
a. Cell chemistry
b. Form factor
c. Energy density and other requirements to make the battery pack
d. Focus on the cell placement and packing efficiency
e. Cell holder selection and connections of cells
- To understand and design FMEA
- Pack reliability test on the applic9ation such as load test, safety test and abuse testing.
- Half tweaking the design based on feedback and working in tandem with the engineering design team to accommodate for any changes and coming up with a detailed design and shape of the battery pack based on the projected engineering design.
- Dealing with all the electronics in the battery pack including but not limited to contactors, connectors, charger and charging protocols.
- Thermal management :
a. Working along with the cell configuration and simulation team to come up with appropriate cell placement for heat dissipation.
b. Looking into active or passive thermal management systems
c. Addition of PCM into the battery for heat exchange if need be.
- Raw material Procurement, BOM preparation,
- Lead the design and development of advanced battery systems from concept through production launch
- Integrate the battery system with other electrical and mechanical systems
- Support product development plans (schedule, product cost, meeting design input)
- Prototype sample production Pricing and production cost
- In-house testing product testing according to industrial standards
- External Third-party product Validation
- Safety/abuse testing, Product maintenance and Troubleshooting
- Root Cause Analysis
- Setting up quality standards for new products for batteries