Talent Acquisition at Applied Materials
Views:178 Applications:5 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Application Engineer - Microscopy/Spectroscopy/XRD (0-4 yrs)
Applied Materials, Inc. is the global leader in materials engineering solutions used to produce virtually every new chip and advanced display in the world. Our expertise in modifying materials at atomic levels and on an industrial scale enables customers to transform possibilities into reality. At Applied Materials, our innovations make possible the technology shaping the future.
This position is within the semiconductor process diagnostics and control group, which deals with advanced imaging together with cutting edge image processing algorithms in order to detect and dispose nanometer size defects.
Application engineers are supposed to maximize the performance of our new defect metrology products through a deep and thorough understanding of use-cases in close technical collaboration with leading-edge chip manufacturing customers.
At a higher expertise level, they also contribute to product development roadmap through spec definition and performance validation.
- Sound fundamentals of high-NA DUV imaging/SEM and light-matter/electron-matter interaction
- Open to 70% travel to leading semiconductor chip manufacturing fabs overseas
- Lab/fab hands-on experience in semiconductor fabrication with layer-wise detailed knowledge of material, process tech and defectivity
- Detail oriented with strong analytical, problem solving and communication skills
- Ability to work in a team, and ability to work independently