Resource Manager at Expedite Technology Solutions
Views:123 Applications:1 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Architect/Lead Engineer - Battery Management System - Auto/Auto Ancillary (7-9 yrs)
Role : BMS Systems Architect/Lead Engineer
Location : Bangalore, India-Hybrid
- The Battery Management Systems (BMS) Lead Engineer will support and provide leadership for the development of BMS software and hardware for the family of next generation xEV powertrains. The selected candidate will lead the development, refinement, and processes of the BMS functional requirements for software and hardware. In addition, the Lead Engineer will collaborate with global BMS Systems team to identify opportunities to harmonize BMS requirements, processes and for future new BMS technologies implementation. The Lead Engineer will work with the product release and software and hardware DREs to solve application issues during BMS software design & testing.
Job responsibilities include but not limited to :
- Responsible to delivery BMS functional requirements and support BMS supplier sourcing phase for new xEV programs according to the client's PSDP process.
- Identify, define, and recommend BMS architecture for each family/program with opportunities to harmonize globally.
- Identify, update, and maintain current North America BMS functional software (SW) and hardware (HW) requirements in terms of battery applications (BEV, PHEV/MHEV and 48V etc.) within the various EE architectures.
- Ensure compliance to corporate and regulatory standards.
- Identify, define, and recommend opportunities to harmonize BMS functional requirements globally to support all program features and legislative requirements. The requirements for the BMS system include software (SW) and hardware (HW).
- Establish best practice BMS functional requirements capture, impact interpretation and cross functional teams interface process.
- Define and establish processes to address future BMS technologies, Client's Lessons Learned, and BMS requirements updates implementations and releases.
- Collaborate with BMS systems and SME (Subject Matter Engineers) engineers to define overall BMS SW and HW requirements.
- Establish BMS functional requirements management process in terms of storing and managing traceability using best practice tools (DOORs Next Gen etc).
- Lead definition of standard product specifications, for source packages.
- Provide technical clarification of designs with suppliers and manufacturing.
- Support as defined the Client's Quality Gate milestones per Propulsion Systems Development Plan (PSDP).
- Support component DFMEA's.
- Support the validation and test teams with strategies and plans
- Define overall common specification for EOL programming and support for each program.
- Supports service repair procedure definition for every DTC
- Supports BMS SW Application Lead Engineer or DREs to verify BMS software requirements meet all customer needs.
Basic Qualifications :
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Applied Physics, Materials Science, or related Engineering field from an ABET accredited university
- Minimum 3 years of engineering experience in software development for automotive and related industries
- 5 or more years of experience with electronic systems
- 3 or more years of experience with development and testing of control system software for hybrid and/or electric vehicles
- Experience with software development, diagnostics and data analysis tools (e.g., HIL testers, CANalyzer, INCA, etc.)
Preferred Qualifications :
- Masters or advanced degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Applied Physics, Materials Science, or related Engineering field from an ABET accredited university
- Proficiency with requirements tools such as DOORS and CANape
- Experience using a disciplined system development process based on ASPICE or CMMI model
- Proficiency in MATLAB/Simulink
- Thorough system level knowledge of electrification technology functionality and features
- High Voltage training and advanced battery design/development experience is desirable
- Knowledge of battery test methods and procedures
- Lithium ion battery experience
- Experience with electrical/electronic components used in BMS hardware
Expedite Technology Solutions