HR at Ascent Meditech Limited
Views:210 Applications:16 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:12
Ascent Meditech - Senior Product Designer (5-8 yrs)
Roles and responsibilities :
- Design and development of OSG, Mobility Product, Healthcare Product.
- Detailed product design, prototyping and testing
- Prepare sketches of ideas, detailed drawings, illustrations, artwork, rendered models.
- Direct and coordinate the R&D team for sampling and prototyping.
- Modify and refine designs understanding production limitations, or changes in design trends.
- Coordinate the look and function of product range. Confer with engineering, marketing, production, and/or sales department to establish and evaluate design concepts for manufactured products.
- Present designs and reports to Managing Director for approval, and discuss need for modification.
- Evaluate feasibility of design ideas, based on factors such as appearance, function, comfort, budget, production costs/methods, and market characteristics.
- Developing product platform strategy
- Participate actively in CFT team and represent the Design team. Developing product platform strategy.
- Excellent communications skills, a passion for building great products, creative problem solving and an eye for details are expected.
Additional attributes :
- In-depth knowledge of product design and development. Should be conversant with latest design practices and awareness of latest raw material such as fabrics, Engineering plastics, metals etc.
- Should have effective exposure in vendor development and maintaining quality standards.
- Knowledge of medical field would be an added advantage.
- Preferably 5-8 years of work experience in healthcare, fashion or consumer goods sector
- Master's degree in industrial design, accessory design or related areas from NID, IDC, NIFT or similar design schools.
Software knowledge :
- 2D software - Adobe Suite, Auto cad, Corel draw
- 3D software - Rhino/Solidworks
- This is a full time position based at the corporate head office in Goregaon, Mumbai and would require travel to factory as and when required.