Consultant at Datamatics Staffing Services Ltd
Views:377 Applications:62 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:60
Assistant Lead Engineer/Lead Engineer - Tower Structure - Wind Turbine (8-15 yrs)
Role : Assistant Lead Engineer/Lead Engineer- Tower structure
Department : Tower and Foundation
Location : Bangalore/ Bengaluru
Qualification : Bachelor/Master of Civil Engineering from reputed institute
Objective of the position :
- Deliver the design for the Tower structures, Tower bolt
- Development and adaptation of design to resolve the NC's from production and field support
- Close cooperation with other development departments. Supporting of FAI and further support of manufacturing facilities
- Generate cost out ideas and implement in design for cost reduction.
Main tasks :
- Preparation of Tower structure design report
- Review of 3D Models / assemblies with Solid Works
- Review of 2D drawings of structure and responsibility of the bill of material.
- Preparation of Excel tracking sheets
- Responsible for cost-out activities in own area.
- Support and development of innovative ideas out of the team and other sources.
- Ensure process adherence to organization development process
- Connect and establish collaboration with different functions like production, logistics, installation and services.
Required professional experience :
- Overall 8-10 years of experience with exposure to highly dynamic working environment
- Must have 5-6 years of experience in mechanical design of steel structures, handling large assemblies, for wind turbines or related machines etc.
- Must have a good understanding of the manufacturing processes, design for manufacturing, design for assembly and design for transport and logistics
- Must have preliminary understanding of FE analysis and interpreting the analysis results
- Must have good working experience of at least 5 years with CAD software, preferably Solid Works
- Working experience executing projects to maintain safety standards
- Working experience on GD&T, Tolerance stack up and global drawing standards
- Global exposure is added advantage