Founder & CEO at PKS & Associates
Views:100 Applications:19 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:11
Assistant Manager - Asset Integrity/Static Reliability - Petrochemical Plant (5-8 yrs)
Position : Assistant Manager - Asset Integrity/ Static Reliability ( Petrochemical Plant )
Location : Bathinda
Education : B.Tech Mechanical/ Metallurgical Engg
Experience : 5-8 years with a refining, oil & gas or petrochemical or equivalent chemical process plant. Must be an engineer from 2016 or an earlier batch.
Compensation : Commensurate with education and experience
Role Responsibilities and Desired Profile :
1. Candidate must have a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering/Metallurgical Engineering with minimum 5 years- experience in refining, oil & gas or petrochemical industries. Must be from 2016 or an earlier batch.
- ASNT Level 2 Certification in Interpretation of radiographs, Magnetic Particle Inspection and Dye Penetrant Testing.
- Technical certification in API-510, 570, CSWIP, Coating certification will be preferred.
Please note : Regular In Plant Inspection/ Quality engineers employed by a petrochemical unit will be preferred. Those from external inspection agencies and providing inspection services to a plant will be a second choice.
2. Candidate will carry out operational inspection of pipes and various stationary equipment including columns, pressure vessels, heat exchangers, boilers and storage tanks.
- On-stream Inspection. Monitors the mechanical performance of the equipment such as Pressure Vessel, Fired Heaters, Reactors, and Heat Exchangers etc. during day-to-day plant operation, test runs and prepares the reports as required.
- To ensure equipment are operated within design limits. Issue, review, and inspect welding procedure specification as per international standards and codes. Inspect and accept surface preparation and painting application of different equipment as per international standards.
- Witness relief valves and pressure safety valves as well as set pressure testing. Visually inspect and review thickness measurement, WFMPI and PT and conduct boroscopic inspection. Provide Inspection Requirements for bulk material and static equipment during PR stage.
- Review and approval of QAP's. Review of Documents for giving Despatch Clearance. Inspection of Incoming Material in Warehouse. Reviews the inspection observations and analyses the same after turnaround and on stream inspections and makes necessary recommendations.
3. Follows up on implementation of inspection strategy plan, highlights areas of concerns and recommends corrective actions.
- Issue repair procedures in accordance with applicable codes and standards in case of any non-conformance. Maintains updated inspection management system for ensuring equipment integrity and reliability. Records are to be maintained as per Company Procedures.
- Inspection tools Monitoring and upgrading. Reviews the existing inspection tools and advises improvements as required.
- Reviews the integrity of the equipment and piping and makes recommendations for upgrading as required.
- Reviews the operating conditions to assess and monitor corrosive conditions and evaluates the material performance in process streams.
- Reviews of project specifications, PR requirements etc. from material/ quality assurance aspect. To ensure compliance to codes and quality assurance requirements.
- Reviews the metallurgy for the plant modifications and projects.
- Updates procedures and specifications related to Inspection Management and Inspection activities and recommend repairs/ operating parameters to extend the life of equipment, piping, and pipelines.
4. Carry out and arrange failure analysis and failure investigation and prepares reports for the failure of equipment and pipelines components, paint coatings, refractory and insulation works, and making necessary recommendations for corrective actions.
- To identify cause of failure and recommend remedial actions.
- Corrosion Monitoring and Control: Ensures all cathodic protection and other corrosion control systems functionality and upkeep.
- Updates/ prepares the records and inspection files for the plant and equipment. Inspection and Corrosion Control Policies/ Procedures.
- Prepare inspection and corrosion control policies/ procedures and update the same as required.
- Turnaround Inspection: Prepares Turnaround Inspection scope, as well as arranges specialized Inspection/ NDE contracts.
- Carry out Effective turnaround inspection and ensuring integrity of plant equipment and piping.
- Preparation of Inspection Reports post Turnaround and giving recommendations for next Turnaround.
- Knowledge of Risk Based Inspection shall be added advantage.