Country Head at Executive Search Associates
Views:537 Applications:74 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:30
Assistant Manager - Effluent Water Treatment Plant - Food Industry (5-10 yrs)
Our client is a leading Food Industry and its a 100% EOU Factory, The Factory is located in Andhra Pradesh
They are looking for a professional and the details are enclosed :
1. Designation : Assistant Manager - Effluent Water Treatment (ETP)
2. Qualification : B.Tech, (M.Sc., Environmental Science)
Experience : 5 to 10 years
This position is responsible for overseeing the operation and maintenance of the wastewater treatment plant, advanced water treatment facility, and reclaimed water distribution and disposal facilities to ensure the efficient, safe, and economical treatment of wastewater, disposal of sludge and delivery of reclaimed water. The incumbent is guided by policies and assignments received from the District Manager, but is carried out with a high degree of independent judgment in accomplishing the work and developing new programs and is held accountable for results. This is a District safety-sensitive position in accordance with Arizona law.
DUTIES TO BE PERFORMED :
1. Plans, organizes, assigns, directs, and reviews the work of employees engaged in the operation and maintenance of the wastewater treatment plant and advanced water treatment facility, and reclaimed water distribution and disposal facilities.
2. Oversees operation of facilities to meet all applicable regulatory requirements and in accordance with design criteria. Develops and implements techniques and methods of process control which increase plant efficiency.
3. Oversees preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
4. Oversees the work of others contracted to work on plant components.
5. Confers with District Manager on plant operational problems.
6. Oversees the preventive maintenance program of the plant.
7. Oversees emergency and unscheduled work to assure appropriate follow through.
8. Prepares reports for submission to District Manager.
9. Implements, directs and enforces plant safety and risk management programs.
10. Coordinates equipment repair or replacement such that plant effluent quality limits are maintained.
11. Oversees preparation of work orders.
12. Oversees the requisition process for tools, materials, equipment, and services.
13. Responsible for inventory of stored material for use in the plant.
14. Reviews and comments on all plans for construction, repair, or replacement of any plant components.
15. Oversees training activities.
16. Responsible for all section personnel issues including hiring, evaluating, disciplining, and terminating.
17. Assists District Manager in preparation of budget by providing input relative to plant O & M fiscal needs.
18. Performs other duties as assigned by District Manager.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS :
1. Knowledge of and ability to apply policies and procedures of the District.
2. Knowledge of the methods, materials, tools and equipment used in the operation, maintenance, inspection, repair and installation of wastewater treatment plant components.
3. Knowledge of the mechanical, biological, and chemical processes involved in the operation of a wastewater treatment plant.
4. Knowledge of the occupational hazards in wastewater treatment plants and safety measures to be implemented.
5. Knowledge of and ability to apply principles of sound management and budget.
6. Ability to plan and direct the work of subordinate employees.
7. Ability to operate and maintain equipment used in the wastewater treatment process.
8. Ability to recognize needed repairs.
9. Ability to perform, analyse, and interpret laboratory tests for the purpose of making operational adjustments.
10. Ability to deal effectively with people at all levels.
11. Ability to read and interpret engineering specifications and drawings pertaining to plant expansions and improvements.
12. Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions in the English language.
REQUIRED TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE :
- This position requires a degree in civil or sanitary engineering or related technical field with at least seven years experience in plant operations including three years in a supervisory capacity.
- Other combinations of experience and education which provide the knowledge and skills required to perform the job may be considered.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS :
1. Must pass a pre-employment physical and drug test.
2. Must possess a valid AZ driver's license with a good driving record.
3. Must possess a Grade IV Department of Environmental Quality Wastewater Treatment Certification
4. Ability to obtain and maintain certification to wear respirator & SCBA equipment in accordance with OSHA requirements.