HR Executive at Aspire Consulting Group
Views:376 Applications:55 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Assistant Manager - Engineered Ceramic Products (7-10 yrs)
Designation : Assistant Manager - Engineered Ceramic Products
Location : Pune, Sanaswadi
Company : MNC
Job Description :
1. It's a manufacturing responsibility and the position would be responsible for the manufacturing of various technical products made from different types of ceramic materials. Some of these materials are patented by company, and applications would be in Automotive Aluminium Foundries, and Aluminium Smelters. Engineered Ceramic products are strategically very important for the growth of company and hence this position is a critical one.
2. Initially, for the first 12 - 18 months, this position would report into the existing production in-charge of manufacturing of this product group, but depending on the abilities of the candidate, the position would gradually get independent manufacturing charge of the particular product group.
3. Manufacturing responsibilities would include :
a. Establishment of proper manufacturing procedures and methods to ensure the quality of the end-product, and ensuring these are understood and followed by the team as a discipline.
b. Managing a team of Design & Manufacturing Engineers, and Shopfloor Operators. The Design Engineers are using design software like Solidworks to design the product as per customer requirements, so, while the candidate himself need not be an expert in design software he must be able to guide the Design Engineers during design stage. However personal familiarity of the candidate with design software would be a definite advantage.
c. Familiarity with systems like IATF-16949 is preferred.
d. Ensuring proper procedures are followed during Product development, such as APQP, FMEA and PPAP.
e. Drawing up Weekly and Monthly manufacturing plans in conjunction with the sales team, and ensuring - on-time in full deliveries- (OTIF).
f. Handling Quality related complaints using logical and scientific approach, such as Why-Why analysis, Ishikawa/Fishbone Diagrams, or similar techniques.
g. The position will need to directly interact with customers from time to time, therefore candidate must be willing to travel periodically.
h. Direct Customer interactions would typically be for the following reasons -
- Product Development, for which personal visits to customer's plant would be necessary (along with Sales persons) in order to discuss and understand the customer's requirement first hand and incorporate this appropriately into the product design during development.
- Customer Quality Complaints : From time to time, personal visits to customer would be necessary in order to understand the exact nature of the problem and to implement appropriate corrective actions in the manufacturing materials/process, as the case may be.
Candidate Profile :
- Candidate should preferably be a BE/B.Tech in Ceramic Engineering. If a Ceramic Engineer, then 7 - 8 years- experience in the Ceramics industry is required. If on the other hand, he is from another Engineering Branch (for example, if he is BE-Mechanical), then it is essential for him to have spent at least 7-8 years- relevant experience in the Ceramics Industry, and to have a good understanding of Ceramic materials and their applications in High Temperature processes.
- Good Team player and learner, with an ability to work with colleagues - both qualified engineers as well as with operators on the shopfloor.
- Ability to interact and understand the requirement of Sales Department, and Customers is necessary.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.