Assistant Manager - New Product Development - Food Industry (5-7 yrs)
JOB SUMMARY : Support and create insight based innovative and disruptive products which drive growth and to enable us to keep ahead and differentiated from our competitors. Member of the NPD, reporting into Lead NPD chef.
KEY ACCOUNTIBILITIES % OF TIME :
- Motivates and inspires the team and business to new higher levels of culinary excellence
- Expert food trend knowledge including tracking of food news/ restaurant reviews
- Able to forecast potential trends that will emerge, draws insights for our business.
- Attendance at selective food exhibitions/ shows/ seminars and summarization of interesting ingredients/ trends/ products found that could be of use across the business.
- Share inspiration & findings with key customers.
- Product Development
- Supports the NPD kitchen ensuring excellent standards are maintained always
- Creative development resulting in the launch of new products in both current and new categories.
- Support the NPD team to meet & exceed customer expectations.
- New ingredient development in line with NPD Brief
- Participate in brainstorm sessions to build strong bank of ideas & focus development.
- Participate in tastings to provide the team with trained culinary feedback & thought suggestions for improvements where needed.
- Concept development demonstrating understanding of customer policies/ brand standards
- Support the concept teams with repeat sampling when required
- Completion of accurate recipe sheets
- Cook up & present products clearly, accurately and persuasively at customer presentations & submission panels
- Understanding of operational capabilities
- Understands the wants and needs of both internal and external customers to keep us continually ahead of our competition
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE :
- Education Level (i.e. Degree, Prof. Qualification, etc) 3-4 Years Diploma or degree in Hotel/ Kitchen management
Years Experience (i.e. Relevant experience, Industry Experience, Management level experience, etc) :
- At least 5/ 6 years- experience in 5-star category hotel Current level Jr.Sous chef
- Weightage to 1-2 years NPD manufacturing experience.
- Must be able to present themselves well in front of peers and customers.
Key Capabilities and Characteristics (Interpersonal skills specific competencies, specific skills, etc) :
- Multi cuisine exposure
- Good interpersonal skills
- Well organized
- Bright, able to think outside the box
- Creative and foodie
- Enthusiastic and positive
- Good communicator
- Professional manner
- Willingness to visit and work out of factory and stay away when required
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Ensure high quality and hygiene standards are maintained
- Support a culture of continuous improvement
- Show commitment to personal development.
- Demonstrate a flexible approach
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.