Assistant Manager - Plant Accounting (4-7 yrs)
Job Description :
JOB PURPOSE :
This position is responsible for supervising various finance and accounting activities in an accurate, timely and orderly manner.
This includes ensuring compliance with laid down standard operating systems and making suggestions for setting up new systems or fine-tuning existing ones, in tune with expanding scale of operations.
The job profile also calls for ensuring smooth functioning of business operations while ensuring implementation of, and compliance with,the companys internal policies / guidelines including related statutes.
- Product costing & related returns / reports.
- Management of finished goods stores including logistics
- Ensuring timely receipt and dispatch of goods
- Inventory control
- Effective co-ordination within the factory and with HO to ensure closure of pending commercial issues including material shortages, incomplete documentation, legal compliance, obsolescence, etc.
- MIS analysis of costs, yields, manpower utilization, and variance analysis with operations team
- Assisting the commercial manager in conducting the Business Process Review and providing insightful analysis related to key factory performance metrics
- Compliance with excise, service tax and local laws and timely submission of returns, co-ordination of inspection visits, including raising excise invoices, etc.
- Timely and accurate maintenance of Books of Account, including facing auditors, etc.
- Capitalization of Fixed Assets & periodical physical verification.
- To work in close association with HR/Engineering/Production & facilitate issues, training, development & qualitative inputs to subordinates.
- Administration of statutory forms such as form-C/ F, E1,E2 and 16.
- Assisting Factory Manager in planning & budgeting..
- To conduct surprise checks and to participate in the activities related to Divisional Audit, Corporate Audit, Tax Audit & External Audit.
- Local procurement of goods & services.
- Vendor evaluation & selection. w.r.t local procurements.
- Dealing with issues related to rejections /returns / short receipts.
- Bill processing & vendor payments including employees claims.
- Administration of contingent fund, cash payments, bank reconciliation.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:.
- Good knowledge of accounting and costing standards
- Good Communication skills
- Negotiation skills
- High degree of computer skills and data orientation
CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS:
- High degree of Business/Commercial orientation
- Flair for systems design and implementation
- Eye for detail and comfort with numbers
- Ability to work under time pressure and deadlines
- Ability to work as part of a team
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Industry:FMCG / Foods / Beverage
Functional Area:Accounts, Finance, Tax, Company Secretary, Audit
Employment Type: Permanent Job, Full Time