Principal Consultant at Talent Source
Views:972 Applications:181 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Assistant Manager - Procurement (5-7 yrs)
Hiring for Fortune 500 MNC in t o Automation Solutions
- Responsible for purchasing of global strategic commodities and making sure adequate materials supply and inventories are maintained at optimum levels for site (factory).
- Material availability, inventory and cost objectives
- Plan and issue Purchase Order to suppliers and coordinate direct shipments of parts to MNC site
- Follow-up, or expedite with suppliers to ensure site needs are met
- Provide forecast to suppliers via Oracle i-Supplier Portal or other applicable mechanism.
- Send global delivery performance to suppliers and work with non-performing suppliers for improvement
- Work with suppliers to improve their lead-time to support site inventory and company customer service objectives
- Work with suppliers to improve their flexibility to support site surge and project orders
- Review site slow moving, excess inventory on a regular interval and take actions to improve inventory turns
- Evaluate and determine best shipment mode for site to optimize logistic cost
- Manage purchases to optimize logistic and inventory costs for site
- Administer commercial policies/procedures
- Administer global contracts, agreements, and terms/ conditions for site purchases
- Maintain purchasing parameter integrity (price, lead-time, order policy, drawing revision, commodity code, buyer, stocking type, Minimum Order Quantity, Min qty, Country Of Origin etc) in site business systems (Oracle/JDE/others)
- Maintain pricing and standard cost for site business systems and resolve pricing discrepancy if any
- Distribute new drawing revision to suppliers and liaise with them on phase in/phase out as appropriate for site
- Implement, administer and maintain Advance Deviation Request/Supplier Corrective Action as per procedure for site
- Set up new supplier and maintain supplier database info (address, contact, etc) for site.
- Submit site procurement reports (supplier Delivery Performance, cost saving, inventory on hand, etc) to management and Worldwide strategic commodity managers as appropriate in a timely manner
- Maintain necessary purchasing documents as per site procedures
- Ensure purchases are in compliance with site trade import/export and Internal Control Questionnaire requirements
- Take appropriate actions to resolve materials issues (price/qty discrepancy, documentation, etc) for site
- Support Commodity Manager on executing commodity plan (eg. Reverse Auction, tooling tracking, etc)
- Procurement Champion to drive purchasing process improvement and consistency
- Training of new suppliers for working on supplier interface systems.
- Strive for continuous improvement and pro-active in all areas
- Perform Any Other Tasks As And When Assigned
- Bachelor s Degree Engineering with Minimum 7 years relevant experience
- Or Diploma with Minimum 5 years of relevant experience
- Preferably with MRP Knowledge
- Good Communication Skills (Verbal Written)
- Office Software Application Skills
- Prferable with working knowledge in Lean techniques
- Knowledge of ISO 9002 Quality System and Working knowledge of Supplier and Process audit
Desired Skills and Experience: purchase, supplier, buying, vendor, purchasing, sourcing, procurement, buyer, material, development, management
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.