Talent Acquisition Executive at Phi Edge Talent Enhancer
Views:23 Applications:8 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Assistant Manager - Purchase (4-10 yrs)
Job Title: Asst. Managers Department: Purchase
Job Purpose :
To ensure import procurement of raw material, capital goods for Mega unit plants.
Key Responsibilities :
- Work closely with PPC to formulate monthly requirement of material based on the schedules of various customers & purchase goods, materials, components, or services in line with specified cost, quality, and delivery targets.
- Ensure parts are sourced as per PO / specifications aligned to production schedules.
- Act as an interface between suppliers and other relevant departments on purchasing processes and new projects and activities.
- Ensure that purchasing policies and processes are in place to meet business objectives and operational needs in terms of price, quality, and delivery targets.
- Drive cost saving initiatives by developing alternate suppliers and renegotiations.
- Provide management reports and key performance data and monitor cost savings.
- Manage relationships with suppliers and evaluate and select / develop new suppliers.
- Review and negotiate existing agreements to optimize commercial terms.
- Work with suppliers and have a process in place to measure effective supplier performance, quality and compliance. Quality will audit the suppliers, and Purchase will monitor their performance.
- Stay current and up to date on any changes that may affect the supply and demand of needed products and materials and advise others of any impact
- Monitoring inventory turnaround ratio and maintain as per management guidelines
- Reduce cost of purchase year on year
- Track premium freight
- Monitor line stoppers due to purchase
- Supplier rejection communication, disposal of rejection, debit to supplier in case of no alternate supplies, communication to Accounts / Finance
Technical Skill :
1. Computer knowledge
2. Knowledge of Import/ Export documentation
Education : Mechanical Engineer (BE/B.tech)