Assistant Vice President - Data Center Operations (19-23 yrs)
Job Description : An MNC in data Center Business is hiring for a Director/AVP level resource to manage DC Operations, This person shall review/Manage the DC operations, drive Strategic initatives, Operational Excellence & Manage Stake holders
Strategic Initiatives :
- Develop and execute a comprehensive Data Centre (DC) Operations plan to meet and exceed business objectives; Participate in strategic projects like green power, saving of energy, operations efficiency; strong advocate of DC policy, procedure and standards to make sure that DCs are designed to meet local regulatory requirements and global audit and security standards; Provide advice to India Management and collaborate with Regional/ Global DC counterparts to understand latest global standards and directions to implement it in India.
- Capacity Planning through regular monitoring of DC capacity, Design and implement strategic plans to ensure DC capacity meets existing and future requirements; Contribute to RFPs, bid proposals, contracts, Scope of Work finalization, and other aspects of DC Operations
Operations Excellence :
- Lead and Manage DC facilities across locations and maintain 100% up time; Risk management and mitigation, corrective and preventative maintenance of critical infrastructure, keeping it Up and Running 24x7;
- DC related Asset and inventory management, security incident management; Create and maintain metrics, Establish performance benchmarks, on all aspects of our DC and utilizing those metrics to drive positive changes;
- Assisting in implementing service methodologies including incident management, problem management, change management, capacity management and reporting; review AMC & SLA Compliance, improving the operational procedures to ensure quality service delivery and customer SLAs; Procurement for DC Operations related materials and budget management for the assigned locations
Customer/Stakeholder Management :
- Maintain transparent, regular and timely flow of communication with management on the state of the DCs and Operations; Build & maintain professional relationship with the Landlords, Critical Facility Management Partners, DC Construction Team, Technical Program Managers and Security Team ;
- Liaising with cross functional teams & business leaders to manage capacity and optimize DC Operations safety, performance, reliability and efficiency and also handle large customers visits and queries.
Team Management :
- To Lead DC Operations team and /or consultants to ensure stable, secure, optimum operations performance;
- Retain Talent, Manage and Develop team, provide technical and leadership expertise; Participate in Talent Acquisition and Management efforts; Actively identify training & development needs ensuring Individual and team's performance growth
- 20+ years of experience in the management of Data Center facilities and mitigation, corrective and preventative maintenance of critical infrastructure
- Experience in a management position
- In depth and hands on experience and knowledge of Data Centres facilities such as generators, chillers, cooling towers, air handling units, UPS and DRUPS, electrical sub distribution systems, H.T. and L.T. Panels, fire detection and suppression systems, Bus-Duct System, cable reticulation system.
- Well versed with internal auditing processes and monitoring methodology.
- To have a customer service centric attitude, effective and decisive leadership having ability to work with distributed teams across the company and have the mindset to manage things 24X7.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Execution focus with the ability to handle multiple partners in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communications, decision making, conflict management, coaching skills.
- Good logical reasoning and reasonable analytical skill
- Eye for partner penetration to get more partners on board
- Willingness to travel 25/30% time.
For queries one may reach out on +91 8451801646/+919324697196