Consultant at Works Consultancy
Views:410 Applications:60 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:2
Assistant Vice President/Head - Mechanical/Electrical & Plumbing (18-25 yrs)
Job Description :
- Driving, controlling and ensuring seamless installation, commissioning and testing of MEP (Mechanical, Electrical & Plumbing) work at the Project site.
- Preparing MEP Budget for projects and measuring budget variance (budgeted v/s actuals expenditure) ensuring efficiency in cost management.
- Ensuring adherence to MEP design's & drawings and other applicable government statutory regulations.
- Ensures supervision and monitoring of the MEP contractors at site w.r.t their work in progress v/s work schedule and providing strategic solutions to MEP related problems, if any.
- Checking and confirming availability of Stock and Material requirement at site and maintaining Quality and Safety standards at site.
Process / Sub-Process Responsibilities / Activities :
- MEP Planning Designs review, planning, co-ordination of MEP services including HVAC with consultants, Architect & Contractors for projects.
- Provides the planning input to consultants for the MEP work and monitor planning vs. progress on site.
- Leads and supervises MEP activities and works closely with design consultants to integrate Mechanical, Electrical & Plumbing concepts suitable for the projects.
- MEP Design work Review MEP DBR and coordination with MEP consultants and Architects for Detailed design and drawings.
- Provides strategic design inputs and clarifications and suggests changes/modifications in MEP drawing for preparing MEP GFC drawings and to internal MEP Manager for further processing.
- Provides MEP Design & Drawings covers all areas of plumbing, electrical, Mechanicals which includes HVAC too.
- MEP Installation/Testing
- Execution Reviews schedule of procurement against actual procurement, installation and testing & commissioning of HVAC systems : Unitary Equipment, Chillers, Chilled Water Network, Air Handling Equipment, Ductwork and Air Side Equipment, Diffusers & Grilles, Exhaust Fans, Thermal Insulation done by contractors under consultant's supervision.
- Reviews schedule of procurement against actual procurement, installation and testing & commissioning of Plumbing Systems : Water Distribution Networks; Plumbing Pipe Works in Trenches; Structures related to Plumbing/Drainage, Water Storage, Plumbing for Gases, Internal/External/Surface Drainage done by contractors under consultant's supervision.
- Reviews schedule of procurement against actual procurement for firefighting systems
- Monitors successful installation and testing and layout of internal & external Fire Fighting system: Sprinkler System and fire suppression system etc.
- Monitoring of MEP Work at the Project Site Looks after the installation, inspection and testing of all the MEP equipment, fittings and work implemented meets the specification and the consultant requirements for their execution
- Ensures liaising between local authorities and agencies for the approval of MEP services drawings and service connection and with Utility Providers / Municipality for obtaining NOCs, approvals, approvals at various stages of the project.
- Coordinates with other project personnel /contractors to ensure that deadlines, procedures, and other project requirements are met.
- Conducts regular inspection of quality and safety at site of the work executed by contractors with regards to Electrical, Mechanical and Plumbing work
- Ensures managing logbooks, checklists and schedules for all M & E installations done at the project site
- Supervision of Team members Supervise people down the line in the payroll of Emami for Electrical and plumbing activities as per work assigned to them
- Ensures collection of progress report from team members on the progress of MEP work at the project site by the contractors
- Contractor Management : Ensures availability of resources on site for continuity of MEP work, reviews variation requests and coordinates with the Stores for necessary actions.
- Coordinates and brainstorms with contractors in case of emergencies, deviations/modifications at the project site with regards to MEP work
- Organizes weekly/monthly progress meetings with contractors and site MEP team to check the target vs. progress and presents the same to the management.
- Implements proper quality procedures and ensures Non Conformance Reports is generated at the project site in case of deviations from specifications or industry best practices.
- Ensures preparation of status reports for contractors and addresses issues as appropriate.
- Ensures vendor shop drawings are submitted by contractors and checked and approved by consultants
- Suggests areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions.
- Reviews all budgeted BOQ and services.
- Approves the monthly certified bills of the MEP contractors and sends them to Accounts for payment.