Associate Director - Electrical - Data Center Operations (17-20 yrs)
A MNC is hiring for a Associate Director Electrical for its Data Center Operations. Overall responsible of the Electrical utilities of data centers at a particular location. Manage Electrical operations including Customer SLA management. He/she is primarily responsible for the smooth operations of all utilities by resolving breakdowns and by delivering maintenance.
Secondly, the concerned person is also required to drive improvement across the site in terms of electrical equipment, maintenance, safety, quality and performance.
Title : Associate Director Electrical
Location : Chennai
MAIN ASSIGNMENTS :
- Contribute to the creation and implementation of best practice maintenance vision, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve operational performance.
- Contribute to new improvement initiatives and projects and review and communicate the impact on electrical maintenance activities.
- Audit and ensure compliance of the electrical engineering and maintenance of utilities.
- Schedule both internal and external works maximising planned down time and reducing unplanned downtime.
- Optimise electrical equipment according to standard procedure, enhancing performance and product quality, ensuring the achievement of all Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Ensure routine calibration and maintenance requirements of a variety of electrical systems are under-taken.
- Develop clear accountability for maintenance material spend combined with a strategy to manage expenditure.
- Perform root cause analysis and resolve problems proactively sharing solutions with maintenance team.
- Preparation of SOP/MOP/EOP in accordance with systems/equipment requirement.
- Provide technical expertise to the team.
- Identify and deploy the technical skill sets, resource levels and systems to deliver projects, including the engagement of external resources as required.
- Develop, implement and manage key performance indicators (KPIs) for each area of responsibility.
- Ensure KPIs are met by working to the overall plan, including management of, and reporting.
- Conduct risk assessments of processes and tasks in the facility.
- Consistently promote high standards through personal example and roll out through the team so that each member of the DC operations understands the standards and behaviours expected of them.
- Ensure that the function operates in accordance with any health, safety and environmental policies and procedures to ensure the safety and wellbeing of staff and visitors
- To attend to breakdown on site ensuring that there is always rapid response and DC Infra equipment breakdown time is nil.
- To generate reports related to uptime, electrical power consumption as required by stakeholders
Skills & Experience :
- Graduate in Electrical or Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- 17-20 years- experience in managing Electrical systems in critical facility management mainly in Data center or similar industry
- In depth knowledge of critical facilities such as Electrical systems, Generators, UPS, Electrical distribution systems, HT & LT panels, Bus duct systems, Cable reticulation system
- Knowledge in installation, repair and maintenance of 110KV/33KV/22KV/11KV substations
- Strong Leadership and Organizational skill.
- Ability to prioritize and consistently delivered results in complex, fast paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills (Decision making, coaching the team).
- Demonstrates strong people management skills.
- Knowledge in installation, repair and maintenance of high capacity DG sets
- Highly experienced in carrying out routine and preventative maintenance activities
- Exposure on ISO 14001, ISO 20001, ISO 27000, ISO9000, ISAE is highly recommended
- Vendor management.
- Strong presentations skills
- Best Maintenance Practices
- Team Building,
- Self & Team motivation
- Analytical Skills
Those interested may apply by hitting the apply button or call on 8451801646 for more queries