Consultant at Spectrum talent management
Views:765 Applications:150 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Associate Manager - Procurement (2-6 yrs)
Role : Clarification Document
Identity Role Title : Associate Manager - Procurement
Function : SCM
Supervisor's Title : Sr Manager - Procurement
Document Date : July 2019
Purpose Broad Objectives of the role To ensure smooth supplies of raw materials by Sourcing & Purchasing with a prime focus on :
- Service improvement initiatives and developing/revising new processes and systems for customer delight.
- Ensuring overall operational efficiencies and cost management.
- Long term sourcing & supply planning.
- Implementing global best practices in Purchasing.
- Lead Project Management for critical projects
Size and Scope of Role No. of direct reports NIL
Role holder Requirements Minimum qualification and experience - 5-8 yrs of experience in procurement of Direct Material - RM/PM
- Prior Experience of Price Negotiation in Dairy Products, Fruit Pulps shall be preferred
- Post Graduate - MBA in Material Management/ SCM shall be preferred
- Open for relocation to Manesar
Other knowledge/skills - Supplier Relationship Management :
- Stakeholder Management
- Price Negotiation Skills
- Budget Preparation, Monitoring & Control
- Hands-on knowledge on SAP R3 - MM module
- Sound understanding of MS Office- Word, Powerpoint & Advanced Excel
Area of responsibility :
1) Provides commodity expertise through specific cost management, contract negotiations, development and enforcement - develop cost management strategies and implements appropriate strategies and tactical changes where required
2) Develops, maintains and champions the marketplace information respective to category responsibility allowing continuous assessment of product total cost structures and implementation of defined sourcing strategies.
- Researches and analyses market intelligence data for trends in commodity prices which could directly impact category spend.
3) Creates and maintains (where necessary) range strategies including pricing, sourcing, ranging and supplier risk analysis to ensure contingency planning and category vision.
- Makes short and long term strategic supply recommendations based upon research and analysis.
- Identifies and recommends forward purchasing /component future buy where necessary, by utilization and establishment of cost and supply breakdown structures and commodity tracking.
- Identifies and develops risk mitigation strategies for assigned key spend commodities for validation & approvals by Head - Purchase.
4) Leads maintenance of supply base, assessing and identifying opportunities for improvement and recommending new alternatives to ensure cost effective & reliable supply for both new & existing products.
- Use the global templates and guidelines to generate business intelligence reports on raw materials and packaging materials and update them with new capacity, supply & regulatory requirements.
5) Leads the negotiations for creation of - win/win- contracts and agreement to bring favorable business results in cost reduction, process, improvements and product innovations following policies & procedures.
- Plans to achieve timely completion, approvals, availability & renewal of all relevant documents.
6) Build close and effective relationships with all appropriate internal departments, identifying respective needs and areas of development to improve total departmental interaction and improvement opportunities while working on (a) new product launches & (b) other strategic initiatives.
- Negotiate, finalize & review Lead Times & MOQs
7) Identify & Lead implementation of critical cost saving projects & supplier performance improvement project
8) Implement systems, controls and procedures with regard to budgeting and monitoring of total category purchases and unit wise purchases
- Undertake measure towards cost improvements in the sourcing activities For eg: Tactical buying (timing of the buying decision)
9) Vendor Management
- Evaluate, rank and recommend vendors to meet business requirements in terms of cost, time and quality following a systematic selection and evaluation procedure including structured reporting of plant and factory visits (of raw material vendors) in order to save costs for the company and diversify business risks
- Identify vendors for new product launches
- Engage in vendor / supplier negotiation in order to ensure sourcing of materials at the lowest purchase price and to meet overall cost objectives.
- Develop business relationships with new vendors and manage relationships with existing vendors.
S.No. KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS :
1) Supplier/ Vendor Health Index - satisfaction, performance levels, SLA adherence, growth potential, COGS reduction, Vendor Audit
2) Purchase Price Variance from Budget & savings through negotiations
3) Savings (Fin) through strategic buying, improvements in sourcing process
4) Adherence to the long term supplier continuity plan
5) Improvement and innovation in sourcing
6) Pipeline of new vendors
- Approval of vendor selection for all Non strategic categories (including Low risk/ low spend category)
- Approve any changes to processes/ practices deployed within the Sourcing team
- Evaluate the options and make recommendations to Director SCM on strategic categories
- Approve the process for vendor evaluation and rating
- Decision to solve exceptional vendor issues
Key Internal Relationships (Within PVMI) :
- Director SCM/ head sourcing - to understand the business priority and SCM's strategic objectives. Share insights on emerging sourcing trends, practices, opportunities and contribute to creating the Sourcing road map. Potential vendor & their capabilities, new opportunities
- Plant SC Leads - Gather their expectations around procurement SLAs, vendor experiences/ results. Share the sourcing plan/ strategy and key priorities to be taken in the 1 - 2 year horizon. Share development, progress on new vendor hiring, existing vendor management and improvements.
- P&T - capture the plans for new product development, volumes and schedules and use to identify RM/ PM requirements (quality and quantity).
- Packaging Head - understand the specifications, requirements and expectations around packaging and use it identify sourcing partner for PVMI.
Key External Relationships (Outside PVMI) :
- Sourcing/ Procurement industry counterparts - to be in touch with sourcing leaders in other organizations and gain a sense of best practices, trends in the sourcing/ procurement space.
- PVMI Global- to seek and share best practices and approach
The responsibilities & accountabilities listed above are not exhaustive and are subject to reviews / revision from time to time depending on PVMI's requirements.