Senior Talent Acquisition at MNR Solutions
Views:208 Applications:13 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Associate Technical Director - Bridges (15-25 yrs)
Job Tittle : Associate Technical Director - Bridges (UK Projects)
Qualification & Experience :
- BE (Civil), M Tech (Structures) degree with 15+ years of Bridge Design consulting experience
- Chartered Engineer with ICE or IStructE seeking Fellowship with chosen Institution
Principal Duties & Key Responsibilities :
The role will be predominantly technical, and the individual will be expected to have a good foundation in the following:
- As an experienced Chartered Engineer, you will provide effective leadership of an established team of engineers and BIM Modellers
- As an excellent communicator, you will be the key-point of contact between the 6 UK Bridge teams and the Bangalore team.
- You will be expected to grow enduring, collaborative relations with the UK Bridges Leadership Team as well as the wider Infrastructure business in the UK and India.
- Your appointment will be the catalyst for further recruitment within the team to supporting a growing workload from the UK, this will include developing relationships with Universities and supporting a programme of internships and effective graduate recruitment in engineering and BIM
- You will be responsible for the development and career progression of all members of the team and ensure all staff are nurtured and supported to be the best they can be. This will include encouraging more staff to become Chartered Engineers & mentoring.
- You will be experienced in line managing people and take on line management responsibility for key staff in the team.
- Take responsibility for ensuring staff are effectively resourced onto projects
- Be responsible for growing the capability of the team to deliver projects in the UK and overseas in the Highways and Rail Sectors.
- To take overall responsibility for delivery of all work undertaken by the team to programme and budget. Workload will include delivering projects for major clients such as HS2, Highways England, Transport for London etc
- You will input into the bidding process on key pursuits
- You will take overall responsibility for technical sign off of designs carried out by your team on certain projects.
- To work closely with - Bridges Technical Leader- which is also a current vacancy
- To drive 100% BIM as well as digital initiatives including computational design. It is expected that the Bangalore Team will taking the leading role in Digital Development with regards to Bridges going forward.
- To support the business director and work with other discipline leads to implement company procedures and staff initiatives in the GEC
- To take responsibility for QA &QC
- To establish and consolidate relationships with clients and other business leads
- To use technical and domain knowledge to identify and realise new client opportunities
Responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to :
Technical Leadership :
- Providing technical expertise and overview to client and stakeholders and assisting clients through technical decision-making and provide alternatives options/solutions if there are changes to project objectives
- Building effective and enduring relationships with other company offices to foster co-operation and maximise cross-sell and trade-up opportunities in relevant specialist field
- Ability to manage and implement BIM/Digital aspects through all project phases
- Have a deep understanding of future trends and technologies
- Drive creative and independent thinking within team, including around new digital technologies
- Providing reassurance, confidence and a sense of direction to both client and project team members
- Assisting in the development of group talent through coaching and mentoring
- Ensuring awareness of health and safety in all aspects of design and operations
Operational Management :
- Using understanding of the technical challenges and client business to form the most effective team
- Working with client and stakeholders to ensure clear understanding of project objectives and to set protocols for working together
- Communicating with team members to ensure that they understand, and become engaged with, the project strategy, brief and client requirements
- Seeking and documenting regular feedback from clients on the quality of performance, technical solutions and delivery and advise on the appropriate mitigation as required
- Implementing innovation in technical issues, problem solving and the culture of the team, leading by example
- Undertaking technical reviews for projects
- Performing other duties and responsibilities as required from time to time by your manager or company