Talent Acquisition at Atkins Global
Views:254 Applications:25 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:17
Atkins - Transport Planning Engineer (10-15 yrs)
Atkins, member of SNC Lavalin is one of the worlds- leading engineering design consultancies. We have the breadth and depth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time critical infrastructure projects.
As a provider of multi-disciplinary technical services to the built environment, Atkins Transport Planning are committed to planning, enabling and designing excellence in the delivery of first class solutions which combines innovation, imagination and best practices.
Consultancy Practice of the Transportation Division of Atkins in India supports Atkins- various overseas operations, including those located in the India, UK, Europe, Middle East and North America.
Due to our continuing expansion we currently have an opportunity for Managing Consultant on multi-disciplinary offshore executed projects from our India office.
Working in a multi-disciplinary team of Planners, Designers and Engineers providing a professional design service to our clients, this is an ideal opportunity for individuals looking to develop their international experience in a world-renowned consultant.
The team has so far delivered excellence within a number of studies from around the world, including the India, UK, Europe, Middle East and North America. This has been based upon the successful use of technically innovative and progressive procedures in tandem with a core technical capability.
Join us and you'll enjoy being part of a fun, fulfilling and collaborative team working on the big exciting transport projects of the moment. You'll have the opportunity to strengthen and develop your skills whilst working on high profile infrastructure projects. We'll value you for exceeding customer expectations and delivering the innovative solutions. After all, we can't achieve great things without our staff, so you can look forward to an excellent rewards package and career development.
You will have a senior role in an established transport planning and modelling team undertaking a range of transport planning projects, as well as developing and applying computer-based transport models (comprising highway and public transport / transit models) using state-of-the-art transport modelling and traffic engineering software supported by Geographic Information Systems (GIS) tools.
You will lead a team responsible for the technical development of transport planning and modelling projects and :
- Lead a team of transport planners
- Liaise and interact with Atkins businesses in UK and ME
- Provide technical leadership and develop the capabilities of the team
- Development and checking of models and model forecasts, reports and analyses including quality and delivery to timescales
- Commercial knowledge - provide cost and time estimates
- For resourcing and delivery within agreed time & budget
- Apply Atkins Quality, Safety & Environmental (QSE) standards and Business Management System (BMS)
As part of a team, you will also be responsible for reporting progress and output quality, as well as developing business improvement initiatives with your line manager.
Essential Requirements :
- Appropriate academic and professional qualifications (Master's degree in transport planning / transportation engineering) with minimum of 10 to 15+ years of experience in transport planning;
- Experience of leading transport planning projects with a broad professional knowledge and experience, able to exercise judgement in the work of others without referring often to senior staff;
- Evidence of technical leadership for project delivery in a transport planning environment;
- Working experience with international standards such as WebTAG, FHWA;
- Understanding of people management issues and can conduct staff development / mentoring and appraisals;
- Conversant with the commercial aspects of project management;
- Responsible for completion of projects to time and cost;
- Takes responsibility for managing and delivering technical work in own and other disciplines;
- Experience of bidding for projects with high technical content;
- Experience in the development and application of computer-based traffic / transport models using software like SATURN, EMME, VISUM, CUBE Voyager, AIMSUN, TransCAD;
- Strong problem-solving skills;
- Experience in report writing related to transport studies;
- Experience in the use of MS Office and in the application of GIS Techniques to Transport Planning.
- Analytical skills with hands on experience in developing tools using Power BI / VBA / Python / R;
- Work experience in a similar off-shoring environment;
- Professional accreditation
Additional Job Description :
The successful candidate will need to :
- Be highly self-motivated and ambitious
- Be able to work with limited supervision
- Be able to adapt to different cultures and working environments to build rapport with customers
- Be able to build excellent working relationships with colleagues and clients
- Have experience of using written and spoken English within a business environment
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.