Recruitment lead at WEN
Views:897 Applications:150 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
AVP - Oil & Gas Production (7-10 yrs)
Job Description :
- 7-10 years' experience in Operations / Maintenance /Integrity/ Technical Functions in a Refinery / Petrochemicals / Upstream oil and gas environment.
- Chemical / Mechanical / Petroleum Engineering Degree preferably from IIT/NIT or other reputed institute.
- Profiles with experience of working in Refinery / Petrochemicals / Upstream oil and gas companies such as Reliance, HMEL, Essar, BORL, Reliance IPCL, Cairn, etc.
Job Summary : Our client is the world's leading Energy insurance Broker, providing Risk Engineering services across the globe, for clients in all sectors, from Oil & Gas Exploration and Production, through refining and downstream petrochemicals.
Job Title - AVP
Title Reports To - Energy Risk Engineering Leader (India)
General Summary :
- The role will be heavily client facing, surveying client's oil and gas assets, producing risk assessments, loss estimates and conducting training and benchmarking exercises. The role offers the opportunity to interact with senior client staff in Risk Management, Operations and Engineering functions. The ability to communicate to all organisational levels is a critical competency.
- For newly recruited Risk Engineers, Our client offers a highly structured six month training and development programme.
Scope of Activities :
Main Responsibilities :
Standard risk engineering surveys: This is the base offering of Our client, Risk Engineering and it is crucial to successful placement of insurance within the Energy industry. The scope covers Upstream & Downstream Oil & Gas, Petrochemicals & Construction industries. A survey consists of a typically 3 day visit to a client facility, interviews with key management teams and site tours. The output is an engineering report which details;
Description of the site operations :
- An analysis of Loss Prevention/Mitigation features
- A ranking of the quality of the site and recommendations for improvement
- Estimation of property damage, often using our bespoke modelling software
- The role will also involve carrying out risk assessments of operational plants and reviews of new projects for Our client oil/gas and petrochemical clients.
- The position will also support the Energy Broking team in placing risks in international insurance markets.
- Manage and develop re: Engineering Management System.
Special Skills :
- Sound working knowledge of process industry technologies, energy construction management, upstream industry technologies or oil and gas drilling planning or technologies. Work execution methods and project management are required.
- Exposure to risk assessed driven decision-making is essential - relevant to field of expertise.
- IT literacy to include general office systems such as Word, Excel, Power Point (or similar). Experience of technical simulation packages for process modelling, risk assessment, project execution purposes as is relevant to field of expertise.
- Enhanced written and verbal communication skills.
Business Acumen :
- Articulate internal and external business goals and overall strategies needed to attain these goals.
- Complies with and checks performance against professional standards and best practices.
Client development :
- Develops new and expanded business opportunities.
- Utilize and develop spheres of influence to develop new and expanded business.
Candidates Profile :
Work Experience : 7-10 years' experience in Operations / Maintenance /Integrity/ Technical Functions in a Refinery / Petrochemicals / Upstream oil and gas environment.
Academic Background : Chemical / Mechanical / Petroleum Engineering Degree preferably from IIT/NIT or other reputed institute.
Physical Requirements :
- Significant world-wide travel required (typically 60-80 days per year).
- Other beneficial skills and experience include;
- Excellent communications (Oral and Written)
- Develops and maintains client relationships.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of an organization
- Proficient in company sanctioned software and systems, as well as relevant use of Internet.
- Proficient in English language (speaking, reading and writing).
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.