Managing Director at Adler Talent Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
Views:178 Applications:14 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:2
Battery Component Engineer - Li-Ion Battery (4-9 yrs)
Job Description :
- Battery Pack Electrical - PSDS (Responsible for selection of electrical components and wiring within a battery pack).
- High Voltage Hardware (Responsible for selection of high voltage components within a battery pack)
- Pack Structure and Thermal Components (Responsible for selection of structural and coolant hose components within a battery pack)
- Thermal Mitigation Hardware (Responsible for selection of thermal runaway and propagation mitigation components within a battery pack)
- The Role involves identifying new alternate components, qualifying the components, coordinating with the vendors for sourcing components for the product and to interface between the R&D & Supply chain.
- Identify and develop secondary sources of electrical components for the product
- Responsible for Part qualification process of new electrical and magnetic components for NPD programs. Includes PQR Approval and the Part Spec approval in the database for the new parts.
- Assist in new vendor qualification process.
- Provide the required data to the buyer for procuring the parts for Engineering Proto, alpha Build and pilot production
- Structuring and creating - Bill of Material- (BOM) for the product designed under NPD program.
- Responsible for BOM costing done for all Projects.
- Generation of ECO and ECN for Design, Test and Component changes. Ensure that all the ECO's and ECN are implemented.
- Creation of new parts numbers for all the Electrical components used in the NPD projects in CODA and Parts Spec Database.
- Ensure all the parts are Controlled Release for the Pilot production of New Products.
- Development and maintenance of professional relationships with various component manufacturers.
- Act as a Technical Liaison between R&D and supply chain during New Product Release & product transfers to ensure the products are released for manufacturing.
Required Skills And Experience :
- B.Tech Electrical & Electronics Engineer with 5 to 6 years of experience as a component engineer in Lithium ion Battery design and development company.
- Understanding of engineering theory
- High level of analytical ability where problems are complex
- Time management skills to meet agreed upon customer deliverables, able to manage multiple projects
- Proficient computer skills including analyzing data, creating presentations
- Interpersonal styles and communication skills to work effectively with local and international team members
- Technical writing ability to create written engineering evaluation reports
- Ability to read, interpret and generate engineering drawings and specifications
- Familiarity with CAD and CAE