Talent Acquisition Manager at Bayer
Views:280 Applications:13 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:1
Bayer - Maintenance Lead (10-18 yrs)
Maintenance Lead - Group II
POSITION PURPOSE :
1. The maintenance lead for group II is responsible for ensuring the reliability of all the mechanical assets including preventive/predictive maintenance and also be the person in charge for coordinating with all discipline engineers and plant managers in all shutdown and changeover activities.
2. He/She ensures that all applicable Bayer directives/policies, standards and procedures and local country/state regulations are appropriately applied in his/her area of responsibility. He/She together sets up the preventive maintenance strategies and oversees it's implementation. He/She oversees and takes accountability in ensuring all legal compliances are met within his area of responsibility. He/She manages the overall Repair and maintenance budget of group II area.
3. Takes full responsibility in ensuring that all HSE procedures are followed and be a role model for safe behaviours. Takes lead in Rootcause assessments in case of failures and implement corrective actions as part of continuous improvements and Responsible for improvement projects in group II
- Understand Site reliability strategies including Value optimized maintenance, Asset criticality assessments, FMEA and implement them across all production units
- Implement Preventive maintenance plan, reviews them timely and ensures that best practices are followed
- Ensures all legal regulations are complied
- Ensure that correct legal regulations/directives/standards are established and followed across all plants in group II
- Immediately attends the breakdowns and lead the root cause assessments to implement corrective actions
- Develops a predictive maintenance culture and ensure that best practices of maintenances are followed
- Develops great collaboration with plant managers and peers to align on priorities at site level
- Ensures that right level of inventories/spares are maintained
- Proposes and manages the group II maintenance budget.
2. Legal regulation compliance and Safety
- Shall understand all applicable local legal regulations including Gujarat factory rules and country factory acts and ensures that they are addressed appropriately
- Ensures that there is a schedule in place for legal governance and reviews them regularly
- Takes full accountabilities for all regulatory compliances.
- Be a role model for safety and ensures that all site safety protocols are adhered to
3. Improvement projects
- Takes lead in all improvement projects at plant level and places appropriate resources.
- Ensures Quality of installations are inline with company standards/requirements
- Encourages innovations as part of continuous improvements
4. Contractor management
- Responsible for planning and allocation the right contractors for the right job
- Reviews the completed jobs with the contractor in charge
- Regularly conducts review meetings with contractors and follows up on safety, quality, schedule.
- Be a coach and mentor for the people
- Provide timely feedbacks
- Identify talents and take ownership to develop them.
6. Value Added
- Reliable supply of active ingredients
- Safety of people
- Quality of installations
- Legal compliances
- Overall control of repair and maintenance budget
WHO YOU ARE :
1. Bachelor or master's degrees in chemical or Mechanical engineering
2. 10 + years of reliability/Maintenance or related experience preferably in Chemical industry
3. Excellent analytical skills and a strong people leadership skill
4. Strong communication and interpersonal skills
5. Proven ability to solve problems creatively
6. Strong familiarity with maintenance best practices, standards, legal regulations
7. Having an experience and specific knowledge of equipment/piping used in chemical industries
8. A person having project experience in chemical plants will be an added advantage
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.