Senior Manager at Ewyn Services
Views:154 Applications:32 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:2
BMS Head/Deployment Manager - Instrumentation & Control Design (8-17 yrs)
1. Planning & Design :
a. Complete design of instrumentation and controls at client sites, including preparation of BOQ, IO Summary, Controller Mapping, Budget, Schedule, Wiring and Cabling Layout Diagrams, Schematics, Vendor Comparisons, GA drawings, Feruling, etc.
b. Collect all relevant documents including technical data sheets, integration mapping sheets, field installation guidelines, etc.
c. Vendor Management :
- Identification and selection of vendors for on-site execution.
- Coordination and management of these vendors along-with Field Engineers to ensure smooth implementation on site.
- Development and maintenance of a network of high quality and competitively priced vendors to execute all works as necessary at client sites.
d. Prepare Work Orders and Purchase Orders based on standard formats and considering project requirements.
e. Prepare a comprehensive presentation for every project regarding all relevant techno-commercial and other planning details.
f. Obtain sign-off from Projects Team, Use team, top management and clients on the final plan to move the project into execution.
g. Continuously improving standards, procedures, tools and practices to be able to do better in future.
h. Sharing design inputs with the Product Development team through the feature request process based on experiences at site.
2. Execution :
a. Procurement : Coordinate with the procurement team to release all purchase orders and work orders, and track status of equipment till delivery on site.
b. Coordinate with clients for all necessary access and other permissions and oversee installation of all sensors, meters, controllers, cables, wires, networking equipment and other items necessary
c. Configure networking equipment and all controllers as needed to bring data onto Track.
d. Ensure all installation works are done as per - standards and procedures.
e. Prepare daily and weekly work progress reports. Track progress against plans and produce deviation analysis reports.
f. Maintain all paperwork related to the project. Generate a completion report confirming completion of all project activities and providing a comprehensive analysis of deviations experienced in the project for better future planning.
g. Continuously improve - standards, procedures, tools and practices to be able to do better in future.
3. Commissioning :
a. Complete Point to Point testing using Track for each and every readable and writable point included in the IO List, and generate a report Snag List clearly identifying which I/O points are not working. For each I/O point that appears in the Snag List, isolate the Snag Source (equipment issues, deployment issues, hardware issues, software issues, network issues, etc.)
b. Coordinating with all other relevant people (projects team, site energy managers, technical support, etc.) to resolve each and every snag and bring down the Default Rate to 0.
c. Prepare a Snag Analysis Report outlining Default Rates experienced at the site from the start of commissioning, demarcating the Snag Sources, providing a cause analysis for the experienced snags, and outlining learnings from the Snag Resolution process that can be applicable to future deployments.
d. Train the Client representative on how to operate the work station provided.
e. Prepare all commissioning reports, such as Earthing Completion Report, Network Testing Report, Deviation Report, and Final Commissioning Report and obtain final approval from team lead, top management and clients.
f. Project Handover : Hand over a comprehensive set of information and documents to the Client Relations, Maintenance and Use teams after completing project execution and making appropriate introductions to facilitate smooth transitioning.
Skills and Qualifications :
- Holder of Diploma/B.Tech/M.tech in Electrical and Electronics or Instrumentation Engineering discipline.
- 4-7 years of experience in BMS projects managing deployment of BMS systems for a recognized contractor or a contracting company impaneled with Honeywell, Schneider, Bosch, Siemens, Johnson Controls, Advantec, or similar.
- Clear technical understanding of buildings electrical, mechanical and plant and associated equipment, especially central HVAC systems.
- He must be flexible excellent attention to detail, ability to identify key issues and manage an environment of innovation and regular change and able to work under stringent deadlines and high-pressure environment.
- Ability to conduct technological analysis and research.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Leadership and organizational abilities, strategic thinking, problem-solving aptitude.