Recruiter at Goken Technology India
Views:448 Applications:53 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:14
Body/Interiors Design Engineer - Automobile Design (5-7 yrs)
Body or Interiors Design Engineer - Bilingual (Japanese & English)
Position Summary :
- This role will lead engineering design and development activities.
- Japanese & English speaking people only as the location of Job is Japan.
Essential Duties (This list is not exhaustive and other duties may be assigned):
- Lead the engineering activities for large scale product development programs by investigating the feasibility, performing design using 3-D modelling software, conduct layout review and 2D drawing creation.
- Analyze and resolve problems with a moderate level of guidance and direction.
- Create part specification requirements and BOM.
- Negotiate with surrounding component business units, suppliers and engineers in the U.S.
- Search new ways to increase overall efficiency, utilize up-to-date technology, and reduce design and parts costs.
- Travel to client sites required.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Engineering and 2-7 years relevant industry experience or bachelor's degree and 4+ years of relevant industry experience or associate's degree and 5+ years of relevant industry experience.
- Education with the following specialities preferred: Mechanical, Mechanical Technology, Aerospace, Automotive, Manufacturing.
- Experience using 3-D modelling software tools (CATIA V5 preferred).
- Good understanding of DFM (Design for Manufacturing) required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in MS office.
- High-level communication skills both read and spoken required in English and Japanese - JLPT N2
- 5+ years' experience utilizing CATIA V5 for design
- 5+ years' experience designing automotive body or interior parts