Senior Recruiter at Karmaa Solutions
Views:2097 Applications:109 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Boiler Operator/DM Plant Operator (6-11 yrs)
Position: Boiler Operator / DM Plant Operator
Job Location: Central Africa
Education: Associates degree or higher in Electrical Technology, or similar degree.
Exp. Required: 6-15 years
Salary Offer: As per industry norms
- Operates automatically fired boilers to generate steam that supplies heat or power for buildings or industrial processes: Lights gas- or oil-fed burners, using torch.
- Starts pulverizer and stoker to grind and feed coal into furnace of boiler.
- Observes pressure, temperature, and draft meters on panel to verify specified operation of automatic combustion control systems, feed water regulators, stoker, pulverizer, and burners.
- Turns valves and adjusts controls to set specified fuel feed, draft openings, water level, and steam pressure of boiler.
- Observes boiler and auxiliary units to detect malfunctions and makes repairs, such as changing burners and tightening pipes and fittings.
- May test and treat boiler feed water, using specified chemicals.
- May maintain log of meter and gauge readings and record data, such as water test results and quantity of fuel consumed.
- May be designated according to fuel burned, type of boilers, or class of license required.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.