Bonito Designs - Manager - Design Operations (8-15 yrs)
Design operations Manager R&R
Business context :
As we are entering into a new stage of growth as a group we are looking for a forward thinking and operational strategic team driven leader to work along with our design team. You will be focused on creating a dynamic team which can deliver beautiful homes in a jaffa - Happily- . As well you will be working closely with other teams to make sure the company reaches its best expected outcome. The work location is in our headquarters stationed at the moment in Bangalore. Keeping you aware this role may need traveling or relocation in the future.
You will be responsible in delivering the company's annual outcome in terms of design closures with customers and making designs production ready reflecting with Csat and Esat at the highest.
Reporting to the Senior Design mentor the main responsibilities of the role shall include but not be limited to :
- You will be the course and pace setter for the team making sure the team crosses huddles and achieves the set target as well as a visionary to set higher goals and delivering them flawlessly.
- You will also be responsible in realising the company's vision by delivering happy homes under the affordability bracket it is aiming for with that said all the projects that we design has to be made sure that we don't create an hole in the customers pocket. So you will be the torch bearer of customers pocket.
- You will be closely working with Sales in project transition and Target setting and realising the order book created by them every month.
- You will be responsible in developing the team handled by you in accordance with achieving the monthly milestones.
- You will be responsible for creating efficiency in the team leading them to take up more projects.
- You will be leading our complete design team from the operational end and make sure the set targets are delivered with accordance to time.
- You will also be working along with the mentoring team to make sure the handled team members are efficient and well skilled.
- Ensuring that work is done in line with the company's processes is a key aspect for us and you will be driving the team from top to bottom so the process is a ritual for every teammate of yours.
- You will also be ensuring the team is at its highest competency by making sure skills and knowledge path are set teaming along with mentors
- Responsible for Project allocations.
- Responsible in creating incentive data at the end of every month and making sure the incentives are released to the team on or before 10th.
- Customer experience is at the heart of the company and we believe every customer should be served well,with that said you will be the key decision maker when it comes to the top of the escalation chain.
- You will also be the owner of developing team expense budgets along with tracking and approval, Target scheduling,quality of design,product and customer experience.
- Making sure the set ideal design timeline is consistently maintained is critical.
- The cost to the company is equal to the role of revenue generating with that said you will be responsible in the management of the team members including succession planning, talent management and reviewing their performance regularly to create efficiency and keep a check on the team's pulse.
Key skills :
- Design background.
- Big picture thinker.
- Experience in developing and working with 50 plus member team.
- Has strong understanding of interior design and its philosophy.
- Practical know-how of materials and products related to the interior.
- Solid understanding of interior standards with execution experience.
- Understands the broader business drivers, with the ability to work collaboratively with key Functional areas both inside and outside of the company.
- Strong ability to create strategies,processes and great customer experience.
- A highly integrated leader with the ability to inspire change throughout the company.
- Experience in planning and management.
- Deep understanding of material costing and time management.
- Strong analytical skills.
Leadership and Management Competencies :
- This role requires the delivery of the following personality skills
- Drives for Results - Just gets things done.
- Achieves meaningful business results for the company by focusing and guiding others.
- Creates energy and enthusiasm for achieving desired results.
- Ability to sell a rock
- Someone who has wit over selling and can help the team to find positive ways to sell their designs.
- Accelerates Decision Making and Execution
- Demonstrates a sense of agility and focus in making decisions, executing plans, and taking actions. Prioritizes work based on what is highest value for the business and customers.
- Deploys Diverse Talent
- Realizes the right person in the right place. Ensures organization capability aligns to business demands.
- Connects among team, customer and the industry openly
- Actively connects among team,customer and industry openly in order to create new value for the company and customers.
Changes Mindset of Employees :
- Operates as "One" by breaking down silos. Agile. Takes risks rapidly and courageously and learn from mistakes. Delivers results despite uncertainties in the marketplace. Makes changes in organization, process and procedure and translates into day to day activities.
Coaches and develops people :
- Provides coaching, feedback, instruction, and development support to help others excel in their job responsibilities. Develops individual skills and abilities of employees.
Inspires People with Vision :
- Articulates clear and consistent messages to employees so that they can understand and be excited by the company's vision, and their role in achieving it. Motivates individuals to achieve higher levels of performance that is aligned with the company vision, values and strategy.
Note : The above listed tasks are brief for overview understanding.
KPI (Key performance indicators) :
- Design sign off
- Get a go ahead from the customer for the designs we create and make sure the customer is smiling when they say so all under the design timeline.
- 2D sign offs.
- Making sure the customer has signed off on the 2d drawings without any design changes after design sign off under the 2d timeline.
Time is one of the crucial aspects of what you get done from the team and when. Making sure the above two activities happen on time as per the company's project timeline policy is crucial.
Happy customers (Net promoter score) :
- By doing all the above keeping the customers smiling till their designs are done goes without saying. You will be driving the team to keep every single customer happy and resulting in the Net promoter score ringing 9+ ratings everytime.
Happy teammates (E-sat) :
- It's not a fairland, it's going to be a war zone everyday when it comes to operations in the daily actions of activity. It's very important to keep our people happy and motivated for them to drive towards their goals(Targets) everyday. Happy employees happy customers.