CAD Drafter - Auto/Auto Ancillary (2-8 yrs)
Responsible for producing drawings that provide required detail for producing a machined or fabricated product. This includes modifying or creating detailed CAD drawings from 3D CAD data, maintaining revision changes to drawings, coordinate documentation for engineering changes and request for quote packages. Actively participate in problem solving. Perform other activities as assigned.
Essential Job Functions include, but not limited to, the following :
- Create simple and complex drawings from provided 3D CAD data.
- Use computer aided design software to prepare CAD drawings.
- Manipulate 3D CAD data to better show design intent in a drawing environment.
- Review and analyze specifications.
- Draft technical details.
- Add dimensions, tolerances, and notes to drawing views.
- Consult technical handbooks when adding tolerances to drawings.
- Specify materials, fastening methods, and assembling procedures.
- Provide assistance, if required, to Engineers/Associates with questions or concerns.
- Establish a professional relationship with our internal and external customers.
- Provide support in more than one CAD software application, viewers, and/or other layout programs as required.
- Manage CAD files and prints inside Solidworks PDM.
- Aid in establishing and maintaining departmental processes and drafting/design standards.
- Ensure compliance with policies, procedures, and work instructions.
- Aid in providing strategic direction concerning CAD issues and industry trends.
- Participate in departmental and corporate meetings as required.
- Maintain departmental databases and personal time logs for tracking and reporting purposes in Plex as required.
- Operate the following : Personal computer, plotters, and engineering copiers.
Use the following software applications as required :
- Microsoft Office
- Product Data Management software : SolidWorks PDM Professional : Plex
- Identify and train a back-up(s) to manage key tasks when absent.
- Additional functions not specifically outlined in this position description as directed by the leader.
Position Skills and Experience Requirements :
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty effectively.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Bachelor's Degree in drafting technologies.
- 2-5 Years CAD Drafting/Design experience (AutoCAD & SolidWorks required)
- Working knowledge of GD&T.