CAE Engineer - Advance Product Development - Automotive (5-7 yrs)
Position Summary : CAE Engineer working in Advance Product Development Team, to develop and interpret analysis models for various product designs and make use of a variety of commercial software codes. Designs may be new and innovative in nature or may be based on modifications to existing products.
Essential Position Skill set and Functions include, but not limited to, the following :
- Use LS-Dyna, Optistruct, PAMCRASH, ABAQUS, and RADIOSS software to develop and verify designs made from materials including steel, aluminum, plastic and composite.
- Perform simulation studies with static and dynamic load cases on structural parts.
- Experience with Thermal Loading, Heat Cycle, Heat Transfer etc.
- Experience with analysis on assemblies using Adhesives for joining.
- Experience with analysis of Front/ Side/ Rear Full vehicle impact.
- Experience with BIW parts analysis (Modal Analysis, Durability Analysis)
- Analysis with multi materials
- Non traditional joining
- EV battery tray analysis
- Perform data analysis and recommend design changes based on findings.
- Present results to internal and external customers.
- Conduct independent research related to simulation in current or new product areas.
- Perform design of experiments using simulation.
- Develop knowledge based engineering tools.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Position Skills and Experience Requirements :
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty effectively.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering with emphasis on physics preferred. Equivalent work experience may be substituted for degree.
- Minimum of 5 years prior experience in engineering, preferably in an automotive engineering environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Proficient with Altair Hyper mesh and LS-Dyna