Senior Consultant at Wowjobs
Views:222 Applications:34 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:2
Category Lead/Manager - Procurement (8-10 yrs)
Company Name : Dr Lal PathLabs Company
Location : Gurugram, Haryana, India
The position shall be responsible for Reagent, Chemicals & General Consumables Items procurement for PAN India locations & Independently manage approx. 250+ Cr Spend & 200+ vendors. The position shall be responsible for developing procurement strategies for given category, Identifying supplier base, commercial negotiation & contracting with Vendors/service providers and ensuring compliance to contracts.
Lead the Procurement of Reagent, Chemicals & General Consumables items
- Develop Category Strategy
- Specify sourcing events
- Receive purchase requisitions from Users
- Based on the Category strategy, identify possible vendors from whom the required items can be sourced
- Prepare and release the Request for Quotation(RFQ)/RFI/RFP to the short-listed vendors
- Obtain offers from vendors, and prepare a comparative statement to aid in selection of vendors, optimization of price and other commercial terms
- Coordinate technical evaluation and carry out price evaluation of quotes
- Develop Internal Cost Estimates for all respective category items
- Prepare the ground work for negotiation and selection of suppliers for the assigned items
- Negotiate and finalize price for items covered
- Negotiate long term contracts with strategic suppliers to ensure best cost, reliable supply & service support
- Set up Agreements and SLAs with the finalized vendors, specifying finalized rate, quantity, specifications, delivery schedule etc.
- Review implementation of new agreements
- Achieve agreed saving targets
Manage supplier relationships at working level.
- Manage positive vendor relationships at the working level to ensure continual support, cost Effective and quality procurement.
- Ensure identification and classification of Vendors on the basis of criticality, tenure of relationship, cost bargaining power and track record of performance on quality and timelines
- Setup and implement Supplier Relationship Management with key vendors
- Supplier performance assessment in terms of cost, quality, delivery and compliance
- Propose and implement Supplier capability development/enhancement
Maintain co-ordination with user functions :
- Closely monitor post-award Rate Contract management
- Enforce supplier feedback mechanism for improvement
- Interface with business units and back office functions to maximize cost reduction benefits while maintaining or improving customer service and quality
Category Excellence :
- Use technology extensively to increase efficiency & control costs
- Tracking and analyzing spend data & other KPI across categories
- To establish standard reporting system, MIS formats and ensure timely preparation of the same by the team
- To be in touch with latest developments & best practices in the market
- To establish and implement methods and best practices related to the systems and process
- Use the SAP Ariba or equivalent to drive efficiency and cost optimization in the entire procure-to-pay process
- Focus on usage of technological tools like e- auction/ reverse auction/ Catalogue/Small buy etc to improve efficiency, bring down costs and improve transparency
- Uphold ethical values in procurement dealings and operations, in line with the corporate values.
COMPETENCIES REQUIRED :
- Sound understanding of Lab Capex Cycle (Asset to Disposal)
- Should have exposure working all Big OEMs
- Reagents like Biochemistry, Immunoassay, Haematlogy, Coagulation, Microbiology, Molecular, Genetics, HLA, Cytogenetics etc.
- Sound understanding of Reagent Controls and Calibrators, Different type of Lab Kits like Elisa, Rapid, Antibody, Antigen etc., Chemicals used in Histopathology/Genetics/Molecular like Acetone, IPA etc., General Consumables like Extraction Kit plastics ware, Microbiology & Histopathology consumables
- Sound knowledge of Reagent, Chemicals & General consumables items
- Exposure of sourcing from USA, EU, Taiwan, Malaysia, Korea, etc.
- Exposure of manufacturing environment ( preferred)
- Excellent Negotiation and contracting skill (knowing all legal terms & implications)
- Commercial skills - Costing, pricing, Taxation etc
- Analytical Thinking & Decision making
- Strong interpersonal skill
- Ownership and accountability
- Business acumen
- Driving Business Excellence
- Science Graduate & Post Graduation from reputed Institute
- B.Tech/BE Chemical preferred
EXPERIENCE : 8-10 Years (Healthcare/Hospital/Lab Chain/FMCG)
Note : Should have a basic understanding of Healthcare regulatory, Drug License, US FDA, CE, IVD & RUO norms.