Centum Electronics - Assistant Manager - Sourcing (8-10 yrs)
Purpose of the Role :
- Key strategic role responsible for Sourcing, Vendor development, Techno - commercial evaluation, negotiation and price finalization.
Outcome Required & Strategic Priorities, Main Responsibilities / Critical tasks :
- Design competent sourcing strategies for the organization to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the function.
- Drive Sourcing and Commodity Strategy formulation and Implementation.
- Define the guidelines for Supplier / Vendor selection and ensure the quality guidelines defined by Centum are adhered to.
- Drive Cost savings through effective negotiations and continuously identify means to reduce cost and pro-actively take initiative towards cost reduction.
- Develop and maintain a high performance culture focused on Continuous improvement and Business excellence
- Identify risk in supplier base including Single source, Obsolescence, Lead time and develop risk mitigation measures.
- Ensure compliance to Ethics and Values as defined by Centum and adherence to all statutory requirements.
- Review Sourcing performance against the defined plan and take actions to ensure adherence to plan (KPI and strategic initiatives)
- Work closely with Sales / Operations / Quote team to support customer bids.
- Develop and maintain a progressive working relationship with Key stake holders.
- Both internal and external (Supplier, vendor, customer) to Centum.
- Act as mentor to direct reports and develop the second line management.
- Define performance standards and goals for employees and review their performance periodically
Organization / Management / Leadership role :
Reporting to Senior Manager - Supply Chain Management
Internal stakeholders :
External stakeholders :
Skills & Knowledge :
- Commercial Acumen
- Collaboration skills and driving synergy
- Business Acumen
- Strong Communication skills
- Customer Centricity
- Negotiation Skills
- Decision Making
Behavioural Competencies :
- Strong Planning and Organizing skills
- Good Problem solving skills
- Conflict handling skill
- Persistence and Resilience
- Strong ability to influence
- Good presentation skills
- Graduate Engineering in Electronics / Electrical discipline
- Additional qualification such as Diploma in Materials Management will be added advantage
- Minimum of 8 years experience in Strategic Sourcing / Purchase in any manufacturing industry, preferably in EMS
- Should have hands on experience in working on ERP systems.
- Candidate with team handling experience preferred.