Chemical Engineer (2-10 yrs)
Designation: Chemical Engineer
Full Time Opportunity
Roles & Responsibilities :
- Receive and check raw materials as per specifications and to ensure safe handling of hazardous chemicals as per safety standards and procedures.
- To provide technical support for further development activities and troubleshooting of on-going campaign for quality improvement & cost reduction.
- Experience of DCS (Distributed control system) software and associated modules.
- To comply with EHS standards & with the SOP guidelines
- Initiation & review of change control, deviation & OOS etc. if any.
- Review of documents related to qualification of equipment, instruments etc. & preparation/ review of SOPs & system upgradation as per requirement.
- Detailed Engineering calculation, evaluate engineering documents like P&IDs and equipment datasheets along with preparation and compilation of basic engineering design packages i.e. BFD/ PFDs, heat and mass balances, effluent load calculations, utility calculations.
- Experience with exothermic reactions, high pressure reactions, distillation, filtration & drying equipment with DCS control.
- Responsible for decontaminating the equipment as per schedule.
- React promptly on various safety alarms by mitigating risk, regulating or shutdown equipment during emergency situations.
- Scale-up and technology transfer of newly developed process from Pilot plant to commercial plant (various sites of company across the globe).
- Well versed with evaluation of safety data like RC1, DSC, TSU, Dust Explosion, MIE etc.
- Participate in plant HAZOP review and Risk analysis for various products.
- Provide weekly/ monthly reports to track yields, quality and capacity of campaign activities for all sites.
- Travel across various toller sites as and when required.
Desired Candidate Profile :
- Minimum 3+ years in a reputed agrochemical, fine chemical, pharma, batch process chemical industry with DCS controlled function.
- Earlier experience of the activities of a pilot plant functions.
- Systematic and detail oriented
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to partner with and communicate with all levels of management and across cultures