General Manager at Biotexus Energy Pvt Ltd
Views:150 Applications:0 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Chemical Engineer - Renewable Energy (3-10 yrs)
Job Description : Chemical Engineer - Biofuel Plant
Position Overview :
We are looking for a skilled and innovative Chemical Engineer to join our biofuel plant manufacturing company. As a Chemical Engineer, your primary responsibility will be to test and develop biofuel from raw materials, specifically overseeing the production of the first batch of biofuel for a new plant. You will play a vital role in troubleshooting and resolving issues that may arise during the biofuel production process.
Key Responsibilities :
- Biofuel Development and Testing: Lead the development and testing of biofuel production processes, including conducting laboratory experiments and pilot-scale tests. Optimize the production parameters to achieve the desired biofuel quality and yield.
- First Batch Production: Oversee the production of the first batch of biofuel at a new plant. Ensure that all processes are properly set up and validated before initiating production.
- Raw Material Analysis: Analyze raw materials used in biofuel production to determine their composition and properties. Work with suppliers to ensure consistent and high-quality raw material supply.
- Process Optimization: Continuously improve the biofuel production processes to enhance efficiency, yield, and product quality. Identify opportunities for cost reduction and waste minimization.
- Troubleshooting and Issue Resolution: Monitor the biofuel production process and promptly address any operational issues or deviations. Implement corrective actions to maintain smooth operations and achieve production targets.
- Quality Assurance: Implement quality control measures to ensure that biofuel produced meets the required specifications and regulatory standards. Conduct quality tests and analyze data to maintain product consistency.
- Process Scale-up: Collaborate with the engineering team to scale up biofuel production processes from laboratory to full-scale production. Ensure that the processes are scalable and sustainable for large-scale production.
- Health, Safety, and Environment (HSE): Adhere to all HSE protocols and guidelines during biofuel production. Promote a safety-first culture and take necessary precautions to prevent accidents or incidents.
- Documentation and Reporting: Maintain accurate records of experiments, test results, and production data. Prepare reports and presentations to communicate findings to management and stakeholders.
- Cross-functional Collaboration: Collaborate with other engineering disciplines and departments, such as mechanical, electrical, and process engineering, to ensure seamless integration of biofuel production processes within the plant.
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering or a related field. A Master's degree with a focus on biofuel technology is advantageous.
- Proven experience in biofuel production, chemical process development, or related fields.
- In-depth knowledge of chemical engineering principles, reaction kinetics, and process optimization.
- Familiarity with biofuel production technologies and related equipment.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to troubleshoot process issues effectively.
- Excellent analytical skills to interpret data and make informed decisions.
- Effective communication skills to collaborate with team members and stakeholders.
- Understanding of safety protocols and environmental regulations related to biofuel production.
- Experience with laboratory testing and process scale-up is a plus.
- Knowledge of relevant software and tools used in chemical engineering analysis and reporting.
- As a Chemical Engineer in our biofuel plant manufacturing company, you will have a unique opportunity to contribute to the development of sustainable energy solutions. We offer a competitive salary, benefits package, and a dynamic work environment that encourages innovation and professional growth.
The above job description is intended to outline the general nature and key responsibilities of this position. It is not exhaustive and may be subject to change or modification based on the company's needs and objectives.