Principal Lead Consultant at HCS
Views:2362 Applications:174 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:11
Chief Agronomist - Agricultural Engineering (15-20 yrs)
We are recruiting for Chief Agronomist on behalf of our agricultural client.
Position would be Based in Gurgaon Office.
The Chief Agronomist will apply advanced crop production technologies for efficiency and sound agriculture practices.
Key Responsibilities :
- Directly makes, fertilizer and soil amendment recommendations for the various crops throughout the assigned region
- Maintain full responsibility for the implementation of the pilot including land preparation, planting, growing management, harvesting and managing the post-harvest process
- Stays abreast of all applicable regulations and informs Farm Managers and Grower representatives of changes and requirements.
- Influence and engage with key stakeholders to gather information and drive actions
- Develop and disseminate advice to achieve best plant health and productivity relating to crop nutrients, crop protectants and field
- To develop crop budgets and plans as well as relevant field report
- Assist in scheduling tests.
- Daily contact with growers makes for efficient scheduling
- Assist growers in the region to identify opportunities for improving crop yield and delivered quality by managing and through review of historical delivered quality, achieve agreement on operational changes targeted to specific quality attributes and monitor progress accordingly
- Participate in the evaluation and selection of varieties in the infield testing stage
- Keep abreast on technological advancements and innovations in production agriculture.
- To undertake field visits, monitor progress and address agronomic challenges - implementing the appropriate measure
Skills and Qualifications:
- A MSc. in Agronomy or related field with minimum 10 years of relevant experience in in practicing and advising crop and seed production and processing, technology transfer, cropping and rotation systems
- Excellent analytical skills and proven ability to write clear and concise reports or briefings in English
- Familiarity or interest in product policy; the analytical, modeling, and policy tools applied in market transformation policy; and the role of governments in product policy
- A personal orientation that emphasizes best practice regardless of the source, teamwork ahead of getting credit, and high-quality technically-based project design and implementation
- Experience leading projects, and tracking costs and deliverables
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.