Civil Engineer - Media Conglomerate (5-6 yrs)
Work with one of the largest media houses in India, take your career to a new high with the global exposure and experience.
Our client is among the top 3 most trusted newspapers in India, read by more than 30 million Indians. It is one of the most renowned names in Indian media especially across North India. They also host a multitude of media initiatives like Print, Digital, TV, Events and Radio Stations covering various states in the country to connect better with the locals. Their website is one of the fastest growing digital news sites, where they have shown a growth in audience by around 200% in tier 2 and 3 cities and towns in India.
The 6 decade old media house was founded by a fearless and famous journalist and writer who has been felicitated with many literary awards. Currently led by a team of experts and media professionals at its CXO levels, the publishing house has expanded to many digital and offline businesses under its roof, providing employment to thousands in India. They have kept the flag high with their journalistic values and quality coverage of events throughout the world.
As a Civil Engineer, you will oversee construction projects within defined budget and estimate costs, keep all stakeholders aware of the progress on projects and prepare progress reports regularly.
What you will do :
- Determining the necessary equipment, materials, and manpower needed and keep track of inventory, tools and equipment.
- Preparing reports regarding job status and resolve any problems that may arise.
- Ensuring compliance with safety regulations and evaluate risks.
- Collaborating with subcontractors, engineers, architects and key team members of the project team.
- Planning construction operations and ensuring all deadlines are met.
- Allocating and managing resources to ensure that they are available whenever they are needed throughout the construction projects.
- Ensuring timely testing of construction material
- Ensuring Project Execution as per the design, drawings and specifications
- Coordinating with Chief Engineer for site related issues regarding resources and drawings, materials etc.
What you need to have :
- B.E./B.Tech/Diploma in Civil Engineering/ Project Management
- A minimum of 5-6 Years Civil Engineering experience
- Real estate industry experience preferred
- Exposure to High Rise Building/ Commercial Building/ Residential