Business Support Manager at Snaphunt Pte. Ltd.
Views:153 Applications:1 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:1
Civil & Structural Design Engineer - Substation (5-10 yrs)
- Regional Role
- Work in a company with a solid track record of performance
- A role that offers a breadth of learning opportunities
- Fantastic work culture
- Our client is a design, engineering and technical consultancy company incorporated in England in 2013 to provide expertise to the UK and international transmission, distribution, and renewable sectors.
They have successfully provided design services to UK's major utility companies, both directly as tier 1 and as tier 2 provider through design and build contractors :
- SSEN (Scottish and Southern Electricity Networks)
- SPEN (Scottish Power Energy Networks)
- UKPN (LPN, EPN & SPN regions)
- WPD (Western Power Distribution)
- ETO (National Grid)
- IDNO's (Independent Distribution Network Operators)
- They are expanding and looking for dynamic professionals to join their team in the Chennai and Trichy office.
The Job :
You will be responsible for :
- You will be working with other team members and managers and responsible for Engineering and Design services during the proposal, engineering and construction stages of projects with strict adherence to the project contract for medium-voltage and high-voltage substation projects, both Air Insulated Switchgear (AIS) and Gas Insulated Switchgear (GIS) Substation, Rail, Infrastructure, Data Centre, Battery Energy Storage System and Wind Offshore & Onshore Substation, including but not limited to 11- 400kV range with an emphasis on project safety, cost, quality and reliability.
- This position requires the ability to clearly and effectively communicate in order to success- fully collaborate, coordinate, and resolve project design related activities and issues. It also requires the ability to independently manage design with minimum supervision. Good conversation and writing skills as well as normal tact and courtesy are required.
Ideal Candidate :
- You possess a degree in Civil engineering
- You have at least 5 years experience including solid experience in a similar role within Professional Services and Utilities
- Working towards or having become professionally qualified with either the ICE or the IStructE
- Extensive experience in Auto CAD and proficient in 2-D drafting
- Working knowledge of M&E design concepts, principles and associated coordination
- Good understanding of construction and site health and safety requirements
- Experienced in design and detail of structure and superstructure solutions for substation projects
- Proficient in the modelling and detailing of civil foundations and steelwork structures
- Excellent client facing skills
- Require good communication skills both verbal and written English to be able to liaise effectively to different stakeholders across the region.