CEO at SS Consultants & Services
Views:225 Applications:19 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:5
Civil Supervisor - Maintenance Services (5-10 yrs)
Civil Supervisor Qatar
The primary purpose of the job :
- Directs within his assigned area, the activities performed by Civil Contractors on the LNG Plant
- Upstream onshore and offshore facilities, Process Trains, Utilities, and facilities in the vicinity of COMPANY facilities at Ras Laffan Port.
Duties & Responsibilities :
- Directs within his assigned area, the activities performed by Civil Contractors. Requires being on call outside normal working hours.
- Carries out regular checks in liaison with MSS and Maintenance Services Engineer (MSE) in order to ensure that civil jobs carried out by Contractor are performed in accordance with COMPANY standards, codes, and practices. Reports to MSS / MSE whenever Contractors are not adhering fully to COMPANY standards, codes, and practices
- Responsible for ensuring standard and quality of work executed by Civil Services Contract(s) including carpentry, masonry, plumbing, housekeeping, concreting, excavation, and refractory work etc.
- Provides necessary explanations and technical instructions to third parties (Contractor (s), Jobholder, plant management, etc.)
- Maintains regular daily records of the Civil Maintenance activities, recording manpower requirement and plant & materials used their by assisting COMPANY's Maintenance Services Engineer with cost control duties.
- Provides written reports (daily, monthly at and at end of contract) on quality of Contractor's services, Quality of workmanship, Safety performance and productivity will all feature in these reports.
- Assist Maintenance Support Services Engineer in the development of Civil Maintenance-related contracts/ Contract Work Order, a specifical compilation of Scope of Work, Bills of Materials, and other tender documents.
- Assists in updating procedures for all practical aspects of Civil Engineering work for the LNG Plant, such as concrete mixing, refractory lining formwork, etc.
- In line with Management directives, undertakes planned general Inspection and conducts ' Tool- Box' meetings. Initiates and monitors follow-up actions arising from both.
- Performs other related or similar duties, such as compiling Contractor's timesheets, storing stock requisitions, accidents reports, serious disciplinary action reports, special technical reports, etc. all as directed by Maintenance Service Engineer.
- Carries out the random checks to ensure that the contractor's personnel on shift are following all the instructions and abiding by them (i.e. check if the changeover procedures are being followed / handed properly, attendance reporting to work, etc.)
- Checks that contractors use (wherever required) proper rigging gears and ensures that they are regularly inspected/certified. utilization to smooth functioning to ensure the same is kept in safe and clear conditions.
- Carries out other similar related duties, such as obtaining gate passes, preparing store stock requisitions, arranging for vehicles inspection, arranging for safety training, trade testing and sending/replying to Contractor's letters and faxes on liaison with MSS/MSE.
- Inspect Contractor provided Material and inventories from time to time. Arrange for trade test,
interviews as and when required, thereafter prepare reply faxes, letters to concerned of the the outcome of the test/ interview, confirm the deployment dates etc.
- Experience, Knowledge and skills
- Educational Qualifications; BSc. Civil Engineering or Equivalent.
- Relevant Work Experience; 8 Years work experience preferably in Civil in an Oil or Gas processing plant / PetroChemical Industries including 3 years as a working Supervisor in his field.
- Fluency in English (written and spoken).
- Conversant with PC and average to good typing capabilities (minimum 45 w.p.m).
- Valid Qatari Driving License.
- Good Health
- candidates must have 5 yrs Maintenance Experience in OIl & gas Plant with Relevant field
- Food & Accommodation provided
- 8 hrs Duty per day and 5 days working in a week
- Work location ; Qatar Gas - Project - Qatar
- Must have ITI or Diploma for Technician level and Engineer Degree for Supervisor level
- Interview mode; Webex Application
CV submission format with the below information :
- POSITION APPLIED
- PASSPORT No
- IMO CONTACT No (+91)
- TOTAL EXP
- EXPECTED SALARY
- VACCINE NAME & DATE
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.