Vancouver, Canada at North America Vocational Educational
Views:126 Applications:3 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
CNC Operator (1-4 yrs)
- Operate SCM CNC and Edge Bander on a daily basis
- Maintain machines
- Read floor plans
- Troubleshoot/Problem Solve on the fly
- Quality Control sheet goods and parts
- Maintain fast pace without sacrificing quality
- Detail Oriented
- Must be able to work an afternoon/evening shift
- Comfortable working with sharp hand tools
- Able to measure in both Imperial and Metric
- Familiarity with CNC machines a benefit
- Mechanically inclined
- Thrive in a fast paced environment
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Standing for extended periods of time
- Bonus knowledge/training for above CNC Operator position would be SCM's Maestro CNC Programming (software training) :
- Workpiece drawing. The CAD module makes the creation of the geometry of the piece easy and quick.
- DXF import. With the DXF import, 2D CAD drawings can either be imported or converted directly into complete programs via layer assignment.
- Tools management and tool path simulation. Tools can be easily managed and tool path can be simulated beforehand.
- Working table management. Working table is also graphically programmed and configured.
- Cycle time can be calculated before starting the production.
- Apps and Macros. Maestro cnc contains a library of programming functions that are always available and easy to use, developed by SCM for the production of parts for doors, windows, stairs, furniture and furnishings.
- Technology database. The database allows customer to save machining. Once the machining has been saved it can be applied any time on different geometries.
Location : Cobble Hill, BC
Salary : CAD $17-$22 per hour