HR at Gate Corporations USA
Views:158 Applications:3 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:1
CNC Programmer - Milling (1-3 yrs)
CNC Milling Programmer JD
Job description :
- Good Knowledge of VMC /CNC Machine Setting, programming, production planning for particular line. Reading and interpreting technical blueprints and design models. loading raw materials into the cnc machine.
Required Candidate profile :
- Choosing and loading the correct cutting tools for the job. Adjusting machine settings to the desired product specifications. Troubleshooting issues during the manufacturing process.
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities of a CNC Programmer
- Creates instructions for machinists.
- Reviews 3D CAD design blueprints.
- Makes calculations for programming including where materials should be cut.
- Translates instructions into a computer automated manufacturing (CAM) program.
- Communicates with engineers and clients who will use the programs.
- Checks completed programs by running simulations or tests.
- Prepares geometric layout of designs using proper software.
- Determines sequence of operations in a program.
- Chooses cutting tools that will be needed.
- Analyzes job order and performs necessary calculations.
- Writes programs and modifies existing ones for increased efficiency.
- Analyzes and selects speeds and cutting tools for programs.
- Makes improvements to set up times for a task and contouring of complex shapes.
- Simplifies tooling time for workers and increases productivity for the client.
- Evaluates all completed designs to validate their functions and ensure they successfully reduce time and money for the client.
- Monitors all programs to make sure they follow blueprint instructions and safely and successfully complete the task.
- Provides training for clients on automated systems.
- Complies with all safety rules and regulations.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities :
- Must have superior computer programming skills.
- Must have excellent reading comprehension skills.
- Good math skills, especially algebra, trigonometry and physics.
- Good active listening skills.
- Must have good problem-solving skills.
- Must have excellent time management skills.
- Must have good organizational and planning skills.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be mechanically inclined.
- Knowledge of metal shop work.
- Must be highly detail oriented.
- Must be able to work effectively with little or no supervision.
- Must have the ability to write and read complex spreadsheets.
- Must have the ability to read blueprints.
- Knowledge of safety measures pertinent to each job assignment.
Education and Experience :
- High School diploma.
- Associate's degree in CNC programming, a computer-related field or a mechanical field.
- Bachelor's degree in computer programming or computer-related field.
- Knowledge of electronics and machine tools.
- Experience with programming.
- Complete an apprenticeship.
- Continuing education to learn new techniques as they emerge.
- Certification through The National Institute Of Metalworking Skills.
- Certification from accredited technical school.
Work Environment :
- Time is spent in a climate-controlled office environment.
- Time is spent in front of a computer screen keyboarding and manipulation a mouse.
- Must be able to do shift work.
- Must be willing to visit manufacturing warehouses to observe equipment in action and wear safety goggles and hard hat.
- Must be willing to work in areas with high levels of noise such as plants or engineering departments.