Coiling Machine Setter & Operator - Production Management (2-5 yrs)
Job Description :
- CNC Coiling Machine setter and operator
- Person should be able to make springs
- Experience from spring industry
- Review manufacturing order, job card and print to determine machine to set, material needs, spring configuration and dimensions.
- Request material required and verifies material received with job print for accuracy.
- Plan setup, locate, position and secure tooling in place, (place wire coil on payoff reel and feed into machine).
- Check and submit sample springs to supervisor and Quality Department for approval to run job.
- Operate and monitor machine operation, inspect and chart part dimensions and load as required, and make necessary machine adjustments to maintain part quality standards.
- Stress relieve springs as prescribed if in-line oven is used.
Move material to grinding or inspection area with required paperwork and arrange for excess material to be returned to stock.
- Notify supervisor or designated personnel of unusual part, equipment or material problems.
- Properly and safely use machine tools, band saw, micrometers, dial caliper, load test equipment, gauge pins, height gauge, comparator, hand truck, hand pallet jack and hand tools.
- Follow safety rules and keep work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Train new hires, apprentices and less experienced setter/operators, as directed/required.