Freelancer at Freelancer
Views:143 Applications:2 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:2
Combustion Modelling Engineer - Biomaterials (1-6 yrs)
Job Description :
- Work at the frontiers of deep-tech and hardware innovation that fights for climate justice, with an early-stage start-up
- World's most awarded biomass technology company spun out of MIT
We are seeking a Combustion Modelling Engineer to join our dynamic team. In this role, you will contribute to the design and operation of our automated chemical combustion reactors by developing and integrating predictive models informed by chemical and mechanical principles, along with supporting data-driven machine learning models. You will be at the intersection of cutting-edge reactor technology and data-driven insights, playing a pivotal role in enhancing reactor performance and reliability.
Key Responsibilities :
- Advanced Reaction Analysis
- Integration of Digital System
- Data Analysis and Modelling
- Scalability & Model Transfer
- Comprehensive Documentation
- Continuous Innovation & Learning
Qualifications and Experience :
- Masters or Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Combustion Physics, or a related field with a focus on first-principles modelling.
- (If PhD in a relevant topic (combustion-science, reaction modelling, data-driven ML for engineering), then upto 2 years.
- Experience in chemical, energy or manufacturing industries.
- Experience with combustion process modelling using platforms like COMSOL, Ansys Fluent, OpenFOAM, Chemkin, Cantera, or equivalent.
- Proficiency in programming languages such as Python, MATLAB, or C++.
- Strong foundation in thermodynamics, reaction kinetics, and computational fluid dynamics (CFD).
- Familiarity with experimental techniques related to combustion studies is a plus.
Core Skills :
- Foundational Chemical Engineering Expertise
- Modelling & Simulation Proficiency
- Collaboration with Machine Learning Teams
- Communication & Documentation