Lead Recruiter at WiseBee Consultants
Views:193 Applications:21 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:9
Commodity Manager - Automotive (6-8 yrs)
Position : Commodity Manager
Reports to : Forging/Turning Commodity Manager-India
Main responsibility of this position is to achieve cost saving to meet annual budget, Define commodity strategy in line with Global Commodity Strategy, Part development for new program, Handling RFQ- S from various Dana plants. Monitoring the commodity price trend with the country and in the world, handling price increase/ decrease with suppliers. Monthly reporting etc.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities :
- Identify cost saving opportunities within the commodity to meet the yearly budget and meet the LRP requirement
- Defining Commodity Strategy in line with Global Commodity Strategy
- Cost estimation of new parts for benchmarking
- Finding out potential suppliers for new program, sending RFQ- S getting quotes from suppliers.
- Analysis of quotes received, making comparison, locating best cost supplier, negotiation for the price and terms.
- Conducting audit at suppliers along with SDE, finding out strengths, weaknesses and deciding the action plan.
- Monitoring development activities on new program.
- Handling new RFQ- S received from various Dana plants.
- Communicating with respective Dana plants on the technical and commercial requirements of the new RFQ.
- Finding right suppliers and sending the RFQ through D1S to supplier's getting quotes. Analyzing quotes for decision making.
- Based on the feed back from Dana plants, business finalization with suppliers.
- Monitoring the development of project, till the time it comes in serial supplies.
- Tracking the RM Trends within country and in the world for various commodities.
- Price adjustment with suppliers upward / downward based on the RM price change.
- Identifying cost saving opportunities
- Working on cost saving projects to achieve targeted savings.
- Participating in VA/VE activities to achieve cost savings / product improvement.
- Identifying critical suppliers, making the strategy for improvement / implementing exit plan.
- Supplier rationalization, SCMG weekly / monthly reporting.
Education and/or Experience :
- Bachelor's degree with MBA (preferred).
- A minimum of 6-8 years of experience in purchasing in the automotive industry.
- A minimum of 6-8 years of experience in the supply chain management area in the automotive industry.
- Manufacturing Process engineering knowledge is must.
- Engineering related background is preferred.
- Have a working knowledge of Purchasing and related processes.
Required Skills :
- Knowledge of various Manufacturing processes.
- Cost estimation and negotiation skills
- Handling new development projects independently.
- Knowledge of supplier base for various commodities.
- Supplier auditing skills, technically & financially,
- Knowledge of Quality systems.
- Ability of planning and forecasting.
- Capable of handling multiple priorities and tasks.
- Proficiency in written and oral communications; PC software; and presentation skills.
- Excellent participation and listening skills with a strong dedication and commitment to quality customer service and satisfaction.
- Good interpersonal skills to work with people at all levels within and outside Dana in a professional manner.
- An understanding of financial analysis concepts and budget management.
- Good problem-solving skills, including ability to identify and resolve issues and challenges.
- Ability to choose course of action and make mid-course changes.
- Must be willing to travel extensively and work non-normal business hours.