Component Sourcing Engineer - Electronic Accessories (3-8 yrs)
Here is a chance to work for a Consumer Electronics Brand, where you get to deal with some of the best channels and work with some excellent experienced minds. Read on.
Started in 2015, this lifestyle and accessories startup has taken over the consumer electronics sector in India. Our client has a product range that includes an extensive catalog of headphones, speakers, travel accessories, and modern earphones. It believes in providing cutting edge electronic products stamped with durability and affordability.
The brand is associated with some of the major icons across categories and tie-ups with industries covering fashion, sports, and music, of course. The founders are Marketing grads, with vast experience in the consumer lifestyle products and other major brands. With their vigorous efforts toward quality and marketing, they have been able to strike a chord with major E-commerce brands and even consumers.
As a Component Sourcing Engineer, you will be responsible for the delivery, timely service and best-in-class Quality products and services to the Manufacturing Operations.
What you will do :
- Coordinating with Supplier Selection Process to develop a supply base that provides competitive advantage in quality, value/cost, delivery and technology.
- Undertaking business needs assessment, supply market analysis and commercial risk assessment to inform procurement planning and sourcing decisions
- Developing and administering contract management plans, negotiating changes and modifications, supplier performance management and compliance requirements through effective supplier relationships to enhance business outcomes
- Supporting to Identify, manage and mitigate procurement risks to enable the organisation to meet its obligations and maximize business opportunity
- Analysing all internal and external procurement information to effectively develop supply base strategies for major procurement projects.
- Identifying all suitable suppliers per commodity and region per sample RFQ and developing comprehensive supplier knowledge & database.
- Analysing and awarding best bid based on Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) approach.
What you need to have :
- Preferred Work experience in Wearables, Voice Tech Products, IoT
- Tier 1 Background preferred.
- Having experience in Sourcing, Vendor Development, Purchase
- Handled Electronic components, PCB, Mechanical Parts
- Experience with BOM, Costed BOM, Chinese Collaboration
- Should have strong knowledge in Selecting Alternate Components
- Should able to get or suggest best low-cost components
- Should have worked on Value engineering
- Knowledge about Import, Export, Costing, Projects