Client Engagement & Staffing Manager at A Square Technologies (P) Ltd
Views:389 Applications:70 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:18
Construction Manager (20-30 yrs)
Job Summary : Construction function in India is seeking applications from construction professionals with Field Engineering and Construction Management experience to support the role of Construction Manager in India office. Construction Manager will report to Manager of Construction in India office and shall be responsible to provide technical and administrative guidance and operational supervision to Construction Engineers, Construction Coordinators in New Delhi and Vadodara offices, as assigned. The candidate must have an in-depth knowledge of construction activities on large industrial and heavy civil infrastructure projects, and an understanding of the stages of the project construction process and associated disciplines; the beneficial use of constructability during initial and detailed design phase, mobilization, construction, testing & commissioning and turnover, planning, safety and quality.
The key roles and responsibilities include :
1. Provide functional oversight to projects and construction teams assigned to New Delhi and Vadodara offices
2. Participate constructability meetings, planning meetings and assist in initiating constructability program on the project in collaboration with project and GBU construction teams.
3. Prepare staffing plans, home office construction deployment schedule on the projects and deploy home office construction resources in New Delhi and Vadodara offices. Prepare project specific constructability program.
4. Supervise project constructability program ensuring processes such as Construability, Lessons Learned, Design for Safe Construction, construction productivity initiatives, datacentric construction and other work processes are effectively implemented.
5. Support project proposal activities including input to project estimation on construction resources, construction equipment, staffing, schedule and construction trends.
6. Assist Construction Coordinators, Construction Engineers in their recommendations to design change, standard installation details, vendor designs, preassembly ideas.
7. Maintain effective interface between construction teams at other offices and jobsites ensuring construction knowledge, lessons learned, construction initiatives are effectively implemented on the project.
8. Supervise construction engineering efforts, field non-manual services such as preparation of work packages, temporary facility design, piping test packages and construction deliverables prepared by team in New Delhi and Vadodara office.
9. Coordinate with Project Engineers, Project Controls Leads, Procurement Leads, ensuring effective inter-functional interface on the projects.
10. Ensure completeness of engineering data in construction applications.
11. Advises project team of obvious discrepancies or trends that may be detrimental to the project.
12. Assists construction team in the preparation of construction manuals, field non-manual support proposal, internal desktop procedures in New Delhi and Vadodara office.
13. Review project proposals and assist Project Development team and Estimation team with construction's input to construction schedule, job hours, construction equipment, construction in directs, modularization & preassembly suggestions and project execution plan.
14. Implement Construction Innovations and automation development programs related to construction.
15. Maintain common guidelines and procedures for effective quality assurance program within home office construction group in New Delhi and Vadodara office.
16. Develop and maintain training matrix of home office construction team in New Delhi and Vadodara office.
17. Monitor execution methodology on projects to learn from improvements and to promote continuous improvement
Qualification / Experience requirements :
- Recognized degree in an Engineering or scientific discipline, or specialized courses in construction management, and/or work experience leading to a thorough understanding of the discipline field activities.
- Shall have more than 20 years of field experience on large Infrastructure projects such as Roadways, Rails, Airports, industrial projects like Oil and Gas processing units, Power Plants, Petrochem Complexes and other process plants.
- The candidate must have international project experiences in construction, and supervisory / managerial experience in leadership roles like Project Field Engineer, Project Superintendent, Construction Manager or Site Manager.
- Candidate shall have excellent communication skills, people skills and leadership attributes.
- Thorough knowledge of all phases of construction activities including project proposal, FEED, jobsite setup, construction, system turnover and final turnover
- Thorough knowledge of Constructability process, construction practices followed on the international jobsites.
- Thorough knowledge of construction processes like construction planning, experienced in installation of major commodities like concrete, steel, buildings, piping, equipment, electrical including stick-built and modularized and preassembly structures.
- Thorough knowledge of various other process like quantity & progress reporting, construction quality procedures, system turnover, interface with Startup and client
- Ability to review physical design through 3D Plant model.
- Thorough knowledge of ES&H compliance requirements.
- Thorough knowledge of current industry standards and practices.
- Strong communication and leadership skills.
- Proficient in computer applications like MS Office, and other computer based project applications used in EPC industry.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.