Director at Ideal Consultants
Views:302 Applications:50 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:5
Costing/Estimation Manager - New Product Development (7-12 yrs)
NOTE : Read the JD in detail
Job Description :
Position : Costing cum Estimation Manager
Location : Hyderabad
UK based MNC Manufacturer of Precision Machined components ( I.e. Steel) and Fabricated components.
US based - Steel pipe fittings company's back end office
Qualification : B.E / B.Tech in Mechanical
Experience : Minimum 8 years experience in Product costing or Estimation of New Product development or Pricing
Roles & Responsibilities for UK MNC requirement :
- Experienced engineer is required familiar with all machining processes and ideally with some familiarity with fabricating and welding processes. Working within the commercial team to create quotations from customer drawings of a wide variety of engineering components.
- Additionally an understanding of heat treatment processes would be advantageous but not essential.
- To work within the estimating/sales/planning engineering dept. integrating with the team to create a point of contact for customers and internal departments.
- Direct contact with customers and suppliers via electronic communication, telephone and potentially face to face.
- It may be required from time to time to visit customers.
- Ensuring the customers requirements are understood and that they are communicated effectively to all relevant internal departments.
- Liaise with internal departments to ensure we have adequate capacity and capability to achieve customers requirements.
- Monitor successful quotes through production to ensure the components are produced technically correct and are profitable, review and suggest production improvements.
- Understand and follow all internal procedures.
- Maintain all necessary data bases.
- Further on successful tendering of quotes and receipt of orders to create the necessary routings to enable competitive and practical production of the components through either India or UK facility.
- These will potentially require knowledge of capacity available, ability to select best routing, detailing of tooling and gauging. Creation of paperwork to support.
- Also comparison of quoted times to actual
2. Roles & Responsibilities for US MNC requirement :
- Price calculation
- Ability to Read the technical specifications/
- Run Gross profit Analysis
- Train the quote desk person for accuracy and timely turnaround of quotes.
- Provides support, Processes quotation requests, Makes note of availability and lead time requirements when requested.
- Efficient and Effective communication with Houston product Management in regard to processes, Policy and procedures .
- Efficient and Effective communication with Inside Sales Manager(s) in Houston office.
- Communicate with management in regard to processes, Policy and procedures
Education & Experience :
- 4-year college degree, Preferably Mechanical Engineer.
- Minimum 5 Years working experience in middle Management role.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel and outlook
- Excellent communications skills; both verbal and in writing
- Superior organizational skills with attention to detail
- Good analytical skills.
- Experience in an ERP system (preferred)
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.