COVIE - Manager - Procurement (5-7 yrs)
About the Company :
Covie is building sustainable coliving communities for young professionals, students and senior citizens through its verticals Covie, Covie Ed and Covie Plus respectively. Covie is for those who love their freedom, the movers & shakers, newly-weds, indulgent travellers, digital nomads, creators, entrepreneurs, sports teams, summer school learners, new relocating employees, and thinkers.
Covie is designed to create a community of collaborative and inspiring environments through its professionally managed coliving spaces that brings out the best in people.-
Our mission is to build and deliver premium and vibrant co-living experiences for our community via effective technology & great infrastructure. We believe in creating community not just by place but also by giving them opportunity to express themselves & through various events & collaborations. With our screening process we make sure that the community flourish itself by putting people of the same interest together.
We would launch Covie approximately with 3000+ beds and would be at 10,000 by the year end with focus on cities like Pune, Mumbai and Bangalore.
- Covie : Just Move In-
Covie is an equal opportunity employer, having a highly performance driven culture and provides an environment to excel and unleash every employee's potential. The culture is also open and transparent and encourages every employee to demonstrate leadership skills and provides opportunities for innovation and individual thinking.
Location : Pune / Bangalore
Designation : Procurement Manager
Roles and responsibilities :
- Research : The procurement manager is responsible to evaluate and compare products and services to determine which best meet the organization's needs
- Cost analysis : He / she will be required to obtain goods at the right cost so that it can be determined whether the company achieves profitability. Cost is also a factor when setting prices for the company's products or services which must be in line with what the market will support
- Inventory control : The procurement manager will be responsible to oversee the- inventory of raw materials or other goods and place orders when supplies run low
- Negotiating contracts : Negotiation is a major share of the procurement manager's job. After securing the best pricing, terms and delivery options for each product or service, the contract will need to be settled
- Projecting future needs : Not only do procurement manager manage current needs, he / she will be responsible to strategize with various departments and suppliers to ensure the organization's future needs will be seamlessly met
Qualification and competencies :
- 5-7 years of experience in core procurement and manufacturing
- Would be preferable if the candidate has a post graduate degree in MBA specialising in IB / SCM / OPS
- Relevant experience and expertise in and from the furniture industry will be a huge advantage - especially if from a co-living / co-working / hospitality sector
- Sound knowledge of furniture procurement is required
- Hands on experience of vendor development / management and sourcing will be a key
- Should possess a sound knowledge of market level RM and PM
- Should be able to collaborate effectively with design, projects, finance and all the key stakeholders
- Should be resourceful, quick and be able to look through many options
- A fine eye for details, structured evaluation techniques and attention to the smallest detailing is a must requirement