Managing Partner at Antal
Views:669 Applications:80 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:19
Department Manager - Mining (15-23 yrs)
Department Manager - Mining Engineering in Pune, In-Pit Crushing and Mobile Machines
Key Accountabilities :
The Department Manager for In-Pit Crushing and Mobile Machines manages, coordinates and provides leadership to team leads and reviews critical tasks of the teams and key individual contributors on a multiple disciplinary basis to ensure on time and in quality Engineering deliverables.
This position has overall responsibility for all activities, work, resources, development and performance of the equipment.
- Accountable for managing In-Pit Crushing and Mobile Machine's Engineering Team in Pune which is executing l Sub-Continental India and Global projects under the lead of IPC and Mobile Machine Engineering Team in Leoben/Austria. (Rail mounted / Crawler mounted Mining / Bulk Material Handling Machines used in Mines, Ports or in-plant stockyards)
- Accountable for Operating the teams as one global team on technical solutions in close alignment with the Mining Industry team in Leoben/Austria .
- Obtain and maintain an in-depth knowledge and understanding of all aspects of the technology in the areas of control.
- Ensure tasks and processes are, in compliance with the requirements, standard engineering practices, rules, regulations and standards as applicable for the relevant work.
- Monitor and Control that all engineering contractual obligations are met in the time allocated and at the cost level committed to the projects.
- Ensure all internal and external stakeholders' requirements are understood and ensure its progress to meet the agreed timeline
- Give input to strategy definition on request and ensures strategic alignment and adjust long term strategy to the area of responsibility
- Define short term objectives for the direct reports and area of responsibility and ensure the delivery of short-term business goals to secure the execution of operational plans.
- Drive innovation by engaging the teams to identify process improvement opportunities and improve the processes
- Highlight risks to the management with mitigation plans
- Upskill and cross skill the teams, provide periodic training on processes and identify training needs.
- Ensure all KPI's and Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are met and analyze to improve further.
- Promote a culture of personal and team safety, including others who may be affected by the company's operational activities
- Coordinate and communicate with global engineering counterparts and Global Product Line Managers
Knowledge, Skills & Experience :
- B.E/B.Tech in Mechanical / Structural Engineering with minimum 15+ years of experience.
- Strong people management / resource planning background
- Proven experience on driving project execution of Mining engineering projects
- Knowledge on Engineering tools and order handling systems will be added advantage.
- Additional commercial background (eg. MBA) will be added advantage
- Specific experience with the design or design management of In-Pit Crushing and Mobile machines will be added advantage
- Knowledge of Engineering Data Management system.
- Experience in working with cross-functional teams to deliver positive results and productivity on time.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills on a technical level with excellent interpersonal and customer relation skills
- Ability to read and interpret contracts, specifications, and legal and statutory requirements
- Demonstrated skills and broad understanding in project planning, budgeting, forecasting, and cost tracking
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.