Managing Partner at Antal
Views:456 Applications:62 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:19
Department Manager - Mining (15-23 yrs)
Department Manger - Mining Engineering in Pune, In-Pit Crushing and Mobile Machines
Key Accountabilities :
The Department Manager for In-Pit Crushing and Mobile Machines manages, coordinates and provides leadership to team leads and reviews critical tasks of the teams and key individual contributors on a multiple disciplinary basis to ensure on time and in quality Engineering deliverables.
This position has overall responsibility for all activities, work, resources, development and performance of the equipment.
- Accountable for managing In-Pit Crushing and Mobile Machine's Engineering Team in Pune which is executing l Sub-Continental India and Global projects under the lead of IPC and Mobile Machine Engineering Team in Leoben/Austria. (Rail mounted / Crawler mounted Mining / Bulk Material Handling Machines used in Mines, Ports or in-plant stockyards)
- Accountable for Operating the teams as one global team on technical solutions in close alignment with the Mining Industry team in Leoben/Austria .
- Obtain and maintain an in-depth knowledge and understanding of all aspects of the technology in the areas of control.
- Ensure tasks and processes are, in compliance with the requirements, standard engineering practices, rules, regulations and standards as applicable for the relevant work.
- Monitor and Control that all engineering contractual obligations are met in the time allocated and at the cost level committed to the projects.
- Ensure all internal and external stakeholders' requirements are understood and ensure its progress to meet the agreed timeline
- Give input to strategy definition on request and ensures strategic alignment and adjust long term strategy to the area of responsibility
- Define short term objectives for the direct reports and area of responsibility and ensure the delivery of short-term business goals to secure the execution of operational plans.
- Drive innovation by engaging the teams to identify process improvement opportunities and improve the processes
- Highlight risks to the management with mitigation plans
- Upskill and cross skill the teams, provide periodic training on processes and identify training needs.
- Ensure all KPI's and Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are met and analyze to improve further.
- Promote a culture of personal and team safety, including others who may be affected by the company's operational activities
- Coordinate and communicate with global engineering counterparts and Global Product Line Managers
Knowledge, Skills & Experience :
- B.E/B.Tech in Mechanical / Structural Engineering with minimum 15+ years of experience.
- Strong people management / resource planning background
- Proven experience on driving project execution of Mining engineering projects
- Knowledge on Engineering tools and order handling systems will be added advantage.
- Additional commercial background (eg. MBA) will be added advantage
- Specific experience with the design or design management of In-Pit Crushing and Mobile machines will be added advantage
- Knowledge of Engineering Data Management system.
- Experience in working with cross-functional teams to deliver positive results and productivity on time.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills on a technical level with excellent interpersonal and customer relation skills
- Ability to read and interpret contracts, specifications, and legal and statutory requirements
- Demonstrated skills and broad understanding in project planning, budgeting, forecasting, and cost tracking